RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primer cost

Boolit Mold
    My local gun store wants $70 for Winchester small pistol primers!! According to them the price is only going to continue to rise.

I just paid $60 for a brick (1000) of .22 rimfire.

Boolit Master

At my local gun shop major brands are $40/1000. But they limit you to 500/day.
    Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway. John Wayne

A man has to do what a man has to do. John Wayne

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Here in WV primers of any size or flavor in stock are $39.95 per sleeve of 1000, limit is one brick per customer.

You get a $5 discount on your "brick" if you pay with cash, rather than using a credit or debit card.

Boolit Buddy

here in FL 35.00 to 40.00 per 1000 is normal, last brick i got was 38.50 i think

Boolit Master

I was in a LGS last Saturday. They're asking $59.95/K. I didn't actually count, but my best guess is that they had at least 300K in stock. I'd have to be pretty desperate to pay that for primers. I'm pretty well stocked up at the moment. The last primers I bought cost me $29.95/K.
    So many guns, so little time

You must pay for everything in this life - nothing is free, except for the grace of God.

"Free cheese only comes in a mousetrap"

$34.99/1000 of CCI SPP. They also have Winchester and Federal.

Boolit Buddy
    Behind the big lake ,from your side, without change 24$/1000 SPP Fiochi, Ginex, S&B ...

picking up 3000 cci small pistol primers from a private party tomorrow that decided not to continue reloading...current and properly stored...$30/thousand .... I've seen any number of private sellers at $35...I think with things the way they are $30 is ok with no sales tax and no hazmat to deal with....not spectacular but ok...I have "almost"enough to be comfortable and the 3000 will take me there.

Boolit Mold
    I am really jealous. Primers and powder are going through the roof here in NY. I cant wait to retire and move out of the tax-me-state. Its actually cheaper to buy a 5K brick on line with the hazmat fee than it is to buy from my local GS. I just wish I could find some powder. My stock is good, but I dont want to use up my stash, I like to rotate my stock.

Boolit Master

I bought Fiocchi small pistol primers for $40.00 per 1500 they come in boxes of 150 each. These are marked "made in Italy". Fiocchi has a plant in Ozark Missouri, just south of Springfield, but they only sell Loaded ammunition made there not components. The LGS that got them said his distributor called him and said he had some SPP's and he didn't ask what make, just said ship them. They come out at about $26.60 per 1000. Tried some in .357 mag, 40 S&W, 9MM Luger, 9MM Largo, and .22 Hornet. Worked fine in all of them, wish I would have gotten more than 3000.
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?

Perma-Banned

I was at the Cabelas in Hamburg, PA they had tons of primers. All of them were running 38 to 40 dollars.

Boolit Mold
    Based on the really wide range of prices reported here, it clear there's still some gouging going on. It doesn't make sense that you can buy primers in the low to mid $20s from a local gunshop and the big guys are selling at $15/$20 higher. I bought 2K Tula SP at a gunshow six months ago for $19/K. Three months ago Tula was $25 at the same gunshow exhibitor and last week at the gunshow, they were $33/K. I checked a local GS yesterday and he had plenty of primers. The reason: He wanted $59/K for CCI, $56/K for Winchester and $52 for some no-name primer in a plain white box. I hadn't been in that store in about 10 years and that's the reason why. BassPro Shop is getting $33/K for CCI on line and you can have them shipped to the local store with no hazmet fee. Only problem there is I need small pistol magnum and BP says they are only available in local stores. Unfortunately, my brand new BP Shop says they won't be carrying any reloading stuff because they don't have enough room. That's kinda funny too because they opened in a closed Sportsman's Warehouse that carried everything you need to reload along with the same stuff that BP Shop carries. Sooo...I guess my only choice is to pay the gouger or wait for the next gunshow. Anybody know if Dick's Sporting Goods or Academy carry primers?
    Last edited by lental; 09-18-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Dicks most certainly does not. They barely carry anything firearm related anymore.

Moderator Emeritus

Dick's has no reloading supplies here in New Jersey. We are extremely limited on where we can get reloading supplies as most places here do not carry them and online is limiting amounts or say in their stores only - prob is they have no stores in NJ

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Dick's has no reloading supplies here in New Jersey. We are extremely limited on where we can get reloading supplies as most places here do not carry them and online is limiting amounts or say in their stores only - prob is they have no stores in NJ
    I think dicks was doing a pilot program in some of their stores in nj with components. Also Ramsey outdoor used to carry them but their prices are outrageous.

I just order stuff in bulk and sell off what I don't use.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    This past week, I picked up a 1,000 Winchester small pistol at one of the gun shops i go to for $34.99. A coiuple of days ago, I was at another gun shop where I picked up a Smith Model 36 snobby (DOB 1988) and while there, I picked up another 1,000 of CCI small pistol at the same price - $34.99.

It was hit and miss on powder - i wss looking for Trail Bosd - both shops said they get it in but then it's gone in a few days. I did pick up a couple of pounds of No. 2 at the first shop and a pound of Unique t the second. I wanted to get some Bullseye but both were out of it.

Local gun store has primers for 4.29/100, local gun range sells primers at 65.00/K.

Not buying much around here.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master

The closest place to my dad with powder and primers is in Benton, TN. I think it was 2 summers ago that they put all their primers up to $4/100. They don't give any discount for quantity. I was in there a couple weeks ago, and they had SPP at $6/100. Most other primers were $5 a box I think.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    At the Cedar Rapids gun show last weekend our long time reloading vendor was selling Win or Rem primers for $28.00 per K. He was well stocked and I really didn't see many people buying them. Prices for most things was pretty normal. One vendor had a table of BX25 Ruger mags for $24 and the double BX25s for $34 no one was buying them. I didn't see any 22 rimfire at any price.

Boolit Mold
    This may be a good sign. I checked Cabela's this afternoon and they had CCI Primers on sale for $29+, a drop from $39+ and Winchester for $34+, a drop from $37+. You can be that if the big guys aren't seeing primers moving at inflated prices, they'll start dropping the price back in the direction from whence they came. The only reason for the prices is supply and demand. Production costs have not gone up enough to justify what a lot of them have been doing.