Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vibra Prime

ADMIN

The small primer feed great. Large primers have issues
    Don't like being hammered by the Cast Boolits Staff, then don't be a nail.
    The rules are simple to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    I just bought one from the guy on Youtube for $50. It is simple and works pretty well. If you follow the instructions they work perfectly.

If you don't follow the instructions, all you have to do when the primers bunch up is tilt the thing back the other way to clear it and then start feeding again.

The longest it took me to load any primer tube was 30 seconds after I started the vibrator.

I didn't remove the chamfer from my Dillon Tubes either. Just tilt one way and then tilt back and so on. I could load 15 tubes in 15 minutes easily and that includes dumping the primers into the Lee Primer Tray and orienting them as well.

Like I said, it is a simple tool and it works pretty well.

Loading those tubes by hand is a PITA! and I hate doing it. This device takes all the work out of it.

I also made a block with 15ea. 5/16" holes in it to hold the loaded tubes.

Contact him at grammyange@aol.com His name is Bob Donelson.

Randy
    Attachment 65041Attachment 65042
    I had tried to remove the chamfer with a sanding block and ended up making the end of my tubes not square. That is what I found why my purple primer eater was not working well and I was getting flipped primers. Took my tubes to work and put them in a lathe and squared up the ends and use a counter sink to just barely relieve the edge of the hole. Now the Purple Primer Eater works great and no flipped primers. It now only take 15 seconds from the time the vibrator is turned on to fill the tube.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by VHoward View Post
    That's good to hear. I bought a device called a purple primer eater. It works, but I kept getting flipped primers. I stopped using it and went back to the slow way. no more flipped primers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0TBjRjMrjM
    Quote Originally Posted by angus6 View Post
    Yeah those disappeared quickly, at least we paid for the guys 3D printer Forgot was it someone here that set up the buy on them
    Yeah, I found my primer eater in the junk box today. It reminded me what a piece of **** it is. I hope the maker and the person who arranged the group buy are banned from posting on this site.

I bought one of the originals years ago for $19.95. Usually had to shake it back a forth a bit, but it always filled the tubes in 30 to 45 seconds. Some time back I ran across a used Dillon RF100 for a decent price. The Vibra is in a drawer somewhere.

ADMIN

I had to sand to drop hole on the large primers. It's about 80% now.

Well, I broke down a bought one of these vibraprimes. It did not work even as well as the purple primer eater. I only use small primers so thought based on Hatch's experience, it would work. The primers would continuously jamb up and I spent so much time clearing the jamb that I could have loaded two primer pick up tubes manually by the time I got done with that 100 with the vibraprime.

I sent it back to the vendor as defective for a full refund. At least I got the purple primer eater mostly working.

Boolit Buddy
    I do know what are you doing with it but mine bought in doublealpha.biz works flawlesly for a few months. I am reloading only SPP and no problem at all.
    I made some upgrades as well but nothing to get it work.

This is my first try of upgraded vibraprime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwYwo7jB8OI

Followed the directions that came with it exactly. Continuous primer jamb.