RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Would you change lube

Boolit Buddy

Would you change lube

I am getting down too the end of a large supply of BAC special blend I have been using for a few years now. I have had real good results with the BAC, I use it in 7 different pistol bullets and 5 different rifle. I don’t load real hot loads and have a heater on my Lyman L/S. In pistol I cast a 100 grain 9MM up to 255 Grain 45LC. Rifle 55 Grain 223 up to 180 grain 308. I want to stick with one lube, and as I said I do like the BAC. Dose White Label sell something you like better than BAC, for a wide range of bullets at mid-range loads. What is your go to lube.

BAC is my go to also. Works well. I'm very interested in trying TAC#1
    I've heard good things about it as well. I do have several sticks of Lars carnauba red also I need to try. I know lots of guys swear by this stuff also.
    Waco
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Buddy
    I want to stick with one lube, what is your go to lube.
    This is why I make my own lube. Easy to replicate and more can be made any time I need it.

Shad
    I believe in gold, silver, & lead, and the rights of free honest men... You can keep the "CHANGE"!

Shad

Banned

For your purposes, Ben's Red is tough to beat. So is Runfiverun's Simple Lube.

If you don't want to make your own lube, BAC is still very much available.

Gear

Boolit Buddy
    The reason for the inquire I just added another mold to the collection its, the Lyman 429421 great mold, the bullets shoots very well in my Ruger SBH. This mold is a little of a Lube hog. And I would like too cut down on the smoke a little, would a harder lube give me less smoke. And still have the versatility of the BAC. I have no complaints with the BAC other than the excessive smoke.

Boolit Grand Master

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Unless you just want to experiment (a good thing) if the lube is working, why replace it?
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    I use Lars Carnuba Red for both Rifle and pistol and it work fine. Pistol is .38/.357, .44,,45 both kinds. Rifle is mostly .30/06 and light 45/70. Previous lube was Javilina. Worked but in So.Cal summer heat it would get soft and sticky. Carnuba Red needs some heat to soften it when sizing but doesn't get soft and sticky in the summer. Lube failure is not a problem. My heat sources are either Walmart's cheapest hair drier or a cheap Harbot Tool and Freight heat gun (buy on sale). Point either tool at the lube reservior for about 10-15 minutes and you should be ready to go. If it get hard to move lube I take a 5 min or so break in lubing and point heat source at reservior. Isuppose I could over heat the lube but I don't have that kind of patience. I haven't tried it but Bullshop's green lube is supposed to be similar. With these two, and probably others, available I have not seen any reason to mix my own.