Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some ideas

pick up a contender for her.
    they just love those Gothic lines!
    ...and you'll be able to add a barrel for every occasion to follow... gifting solutions for years to come!

pick up a contender for her.
    they just love those Gothic lines!
    ...and you'll be able to add a barrel for every occasion to follow... gifting solutions for years to come!

Boolit Master
    If it was my wife, it would be a single action revolver AND a lever gun in .45 Colt, or a Kimber Pro CDP II. + a nice evening out.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Buddy

Being as I'm divorced, any advice I might have should obviously be ignored anyhow. I'm just dumb enough to ASK her what she'd like.

Boolit Master
    As a special present you could buy some good shooting clothing for you to wear so that you look nice when you take her shooting.I think most ladies would appreciate a gift like that.Alternately a new Gun for you so that it gives her pleasure to see you enjoying it.Being thoughtfull for special occasions is a male trait.

Boolit Master

To really impress my wife, I would need to figure out something she would really like to have, without asking her. It would not be anything gun-related, and it would need to be something I would not normally buy.

Boolit Master

I don't think I would press my luck by buying her another gun at this point. She may use it on the target in front of her when you present it. I would stick to the non-traditional such as dinner,jewelry or other. By the way when is her birthday? You may get back on track by buying her another gun then. Proceed slowly.

Boolit Master

Whatever else you get her, get her some flowers. The girls melt when her guy shows up with flowers...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

In Remembrance
    Never been much on buying something that is dried up and dead in a few days. lol

Boolit Grand Master

The petals may die in a few days, but the memory will live forever. Don't be cheap or insensitive. Add a gift card to the jewelry store to the flowers. That insures she gets to pick, and sets the limit. While getting the GC peruse the store and make gentle suggestions you think she might like.
    I've only been married for 49 years, and the wife has never bought me a gun, but i'm being patient. She's never complained about my toys.

Boolit Grand Master

Figure out how much of the "three gun sum" you can afford and get her a gift
    certificate to a nice jewelry store. Of course, my wife would not really be to happy
    about that, she's not much for jewelry, but is way off of the female mainstream on
    that.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Man

If your wife has a good female friend you can talk to "off the record", try that. Her friend might know exactly what the kind of gift your wife would really like.

After all, most gals or guys will easily talk about subjects that might be awkward when discussing them with spouses.

Love Life
    I've put some more thought into this and I will stick with my original idea. Get her a big fifty. Tell her it's for bears and you love her so much and want her to be safe.

Gee, I am trying to get the wife to get a new car for the anniversary, she said she still wants flowers, fancy dinner & a show. Go figure.
    I'll expand my answer. Years ago when toaster ovens came out I got one for some day you're supposed to give the wife a gift. Needless to say I ended up returning it. A couple weeks later, there was a new toaster oven on the counter that I didn't buy. there's 2 kinds, 1 will graciously accept a gift & 1 that wants to choose the gift and then chew you out cause you didn't surprise her. Good luck.
    Last edited by popper; 07-27-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    Whatever!

In Remembrance
    I picked up an 8,000 pound warn winch this evening, maybe that will work. lol

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gliden07 View Post
    Maybe I should show my Girlfriend this thread!!
    Gonna tell your wife about your girlfriend????
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Grand Master

Jewelry, flowers, dinner or maybe even a brick of .22 ammo.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

In Remembrance
    Give up a brick of my ammo in times like the present, are you losing it. LOL

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Give up a brick of my ammo in times like the present, are you losing it. LOL

Terribly sorry, got a little carried away there.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

Never been much on buying something that is dried up and dead in a few days. lol
    I am sure with you there! To me, in my poor logical male brain, buying flowers is a big waste of money. I found out quickly, though, that my wife LIKES flowers, and beyond that I think she likes that I am occasionally willing to spend money on something that has absolutely no practical value, just for her.