RepackboxInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's official - I'm a 'coon hunter.

Boolit Buddy

[QUOTE=Jim;2316506]Hmmm.....

Walkin' an' chewin' gum.... Runnin' an' chewin' tabaccah.....

Kinda' like squallin' a 'coon outa th' tree, it takes a while to learn how to do it. Ya' can't learn it on ya' own, ya' gotta' learn it from somebody that's been doin' it for years.
    You using a tube Jim, or are ya a cheekin it.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Grand Master
    [QUOTE=Smitty's Retired;2317545]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hmmm.....

Walkin' an' chewin' gum.... Runnin' an' chewin' tabaccah.....

You using a tube Jim, or are ya a cheekin it.
    A tube? What th' dickens is that? Pull out a wad 'bout the size of a golf ball, shove in ya' cheek and turn the dogs out.

Boolit Buddy

I'm talkin about squalin' a coon. Tube or Cheeking the call?
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Grand Master
    Jeff,

The best (hard learned) advice I can give you is to never be the one with the shortest rubber boots. I guarantee there will be a wet spot about as shallow as the Marianas Trench that everybody else will cross dry.

Robert

Love Life
    Those look good. After seeing the picture I almost loaded up the truck with a few friends with questionable backgrounds to head over your way to do some eating!! Somebody had to start complaining about driving clear across the county and ruined the whole idea...

Boolit Man

It's been over 35 years since my Dad & I went coon hunting with uncle Mike... It was great! He had bluetick & redbone hounds (IIRC), the sound they made was like magic.

I enjoyed 99% of it... chasing dogs in the dark, finding 2 & 3 foot deep ditches filled with swamp water, listening to see which way the dogs are running & taking off again.

The 1% I didn't like... finding the new (sharp) barbed wire fence that wasn't there the last time I crossed that fenceline . That one stopped me cold & took a little work to get loose from.