Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ammo shortage over

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Saturady before last, 7-13-2013, my wife gave me $50.00 to spend on reloading stuff, I was looking for a Lee 6-cavity mould handle and some 38 cal. 148 gr swaged HBWC to experiment with. But you know how it is...you allways see stuff you didn't know you needed...so I go to three different large local gun and reloading supply shops, Guess what I bought? not one thing...all three had zip. Absolutely nothing on the shelves. One shop had a few 30 cal. J word bullets and nothing else! No moulds, no handles , no powder, primers, no cool tools..... I had cash money to spend and ended up giving it back to the wife! That has never happened before! I am so depressed over this state of affairs.....there is definitly a shortage in Baton Rouge.
    Gary
    no no no don't give cash back , I maintain a place to stash that extra 5 dollars change i had left after i was given cash , it adds up i just bought another muzzle loader with 5 here 10 there sometimes only 2-3 dollars at a time , I don't keep it in my wallet so i can say nope empty.

days when i am in the office i look at the soda machine then move the dollar to my stash and drink water , I know but sacrifices must be made if you want gun money when working on a tight budget

yes the wife knows i do this

Boolit Buddy
    I have a brother in law that wheels and deals with firearms and ammo and He said the word is out that to be sure to unload all your high price ammo before the end of August because things are going change. you can take it for what is worth but he has been doing this for 25 years and I hope he is right.

Boolit Grand Master

Most ammo is getting back on the shelves. 9MM is available and 22's are being delivered to Cabela's every week. When they were putting out a pallet and havig it gone in an hour now a pallet of 22's is hanging around for 1 or 2 days. It will take a while to trickle down to the samall guys because the big orders are filling first. Dunhams gets in 22's on a weekly basis and the employees and buddys ae about full up and it will be hittig the shelves this week.

Love Life
    It is only plausible that supply will catch up.

Here is what happens:
    1. Big gun scare
    2. Everybody goes crazy and buys up everything regardless of price
    3. Gun scare goes away
    4. People realize they have hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars sitting in the closet or gun safe
    5. People run out of money and still have bills due
    6. They look to offload their stuff causing a market glut

Meanwhile back in the reality of produciton land:
    1. Big gun scare
    2. Demand increases 5 fold
    3. Stock owners and producers do happy dance
    4. Producers increase production, shifts, and hire temp labor
    5. The producers continue to...well... produce
    6. Producers start to catch up to demand due to the above increase in production, and loss of buying power now that tax return season is over, summer is here, and Christmas is on the way.
    7. Private market glut hits coinciding with producers cathing up to demand

All equals= Supplies hitting the shelf

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    Hey Gary!

Get that $50.00 bucks back and save it till she gives you another $50.00.
    Treat cash like the politicians do. Keep it and demand more!
    BWAHAHAHA! Spoken like a man who has been married! (been there, done that!)

There is STILL a shortage in my neck of the woods (michigan). 22LR, most popular rifle caibers, most powders, most primers, most brass, etc. AND no end in sight...

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    It is only plausible that supply will catch up.

Here is what happens:
    1. Big gun scare
    2. Everybody goes crazy and buys up everything regardless of price
    3. Gun scare goes away
    4. People realize they have hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars sitting in the closet or gun safe
    5. People run out of money and still have bills due
    6. They look to offload their stuff causing a market glut

Meanwhile back in the reality of produciton land:
    1. Big gun scare
    2. Demand increases 5 fold
    3. Stock owners and producers do happy dance
    4. Producers increase production, shifts, and hire temp labor
    5. The producers continue to...well... produce
    6. Producers start to catch up to demand due to the above increase in production, and loss of buying power now that tax return season is over, summer is here, and Christmas is on the way.
    7. Private market glut hits coinciding with producers cathing up to demand

All equals= Supplies hitting the shelf

YEP! I'm waiting for the deals. I was at the GS over the weekend and I purposely went at the last few hours to see what's left. Lots of ammo, the double priced stuff. And at 90 bucks a table. Some of them had 6 tables. Well sorry for there loss, the only few things I wanted was a couple ammo cans. And c309-113-f but I've rarly found casting stuff and didn't find one but one wore out mold with a missing spruce plate

Boolit Master

It's kind of like the ice cream containers that have less in them now - I guess we are on an ammo "diet". !! LOL

excello[/QUOTE]

You're right, at this rate we are all "starving"!!!
    May all your bullets find the Bullseye.

Boolit Master
    PLEASE HELP BOYCOTT high 22lr prices. The newest cheaper than dirt flyer came in mail yesterday with cci 22lr priced at $59+ for 100 round box and other 22lr ammo at $1.00 per round. I went to CCI web site/contact us link sent a message asking them to stop selling to cheaper than dirt due to this incredible price gouging, noting that I am not the only one boycotting companies that are doing this price gouging. PLEASE DO THE SAME AND SEND MESSAGE TO CCI AND OR ANY OTHER MANUFACTURERS YOU SEE FIT.
    TODAY CCI responded to me with an email saying that they are looking into the situation.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Now that is a plan I can go along with.

Not sure how many others will tho.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master
    hi...

I checked the ammo case at my local Wal-Mart after seeing this thread.
    Still practically empty...some rifle cartridges and shotgun shells and that was it. No.22 or handgun ammo at all.

I have been able to buy some .22LR here and there...I picked up 8 boxes of .22LR (50-rd ct) at a LGS a couple of weeks ago.

Most gun shops have no .22LR other than shot shells.

The larger gun shops seem to have plenty of cartridges with limits on number per day per customer.
    This past weekend I made a swing through several counties to about 5-6 gun shops and the bigger ones are starting to see larger numbers of dies, bullets and primers. Most powders are now available at least in 1 lb containers (the larger containers are few and far between). Just about all shops continue to have limits on primers(1K per day), powders(one container any size per day) and bullets.

I was able to buy two boxes of Hornady .357cal. 180gr HP/XTPs at one shop. They said no limit...since I only shoot a couple hundred of those bullets through my .357s each year I left the rest on the shelf.
    I have quite a few hundreds of .357 125gr and 158gr HP/XTPs either loaded or awaiting loading, so I am still good on jacketed .357 rounds.
    Most of my .357Mag rounds are cast LSWC at 158gr and I have thousands of those loaded and/or ready to load at all times.

Pretty much stocked up on all other handgun bullets and have a good supply of powders and primers.

I keep waiting for the sell-off to begin but nothing so far locally on Craigslist.

All amo looks alike to the liberal media...... They probably saw 30 boxes of 9mm on a store shelf and declared the shortage over.

Boolit Bub

Yesterday Walmart had .223 and .40S&W on the shelf. Both calibers I use, but make myself. Still no .22LR, the only caliber I can't make. I suppose that is why it is still short, can't make 'em at home.

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Shipping!

I do know for a fact the W/M's pricing is all over the place. I looked at a pair of shoes at 4 different W/M's in my area and there was 4 different Prices.
    Wal-Mart prices are based on their competitors in their local area. If there is 3 W.M. in a town their prices are based on their closest competitors for each store so all 3 may have different prices in a given town.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Man View Post
    Wal-Mart prices are based on their competitors in their local area. If there is 3 W.M. in a town their prices are based on their closest competitors for each store so all 3 may have different prices in a given town.
    Well that is a theory anyway. But the WalMart with the least expensive price was the one with NO big box store competition unless K Mart qualifies a such today?

I live in an area with 5 W/M's within a 20 mile drive with the nearest being 15 miles away. The other 4 W/M's have big box outlet within a block of their front doors, Meijer stores to be exact.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Walmart has a minimum markup price without regard to the competition. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Reloader06 View Post
    Maybe they were referring to Homeland Security not experiencing any shortages.

Matt

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Gotta love those MEIJERS stores.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Buddy

Just got back from Connecticut and picked up 4 boxes of 22. 2 boxes were the limit but at least there was some but not much. BTW come October if you are not a resident of CT with an ammo purchase license you will not be able to buy ANY ammo. According to the people that I talked to at 2 stores even the legislators say that the new laws will not stop shooting. What a bunch of A$$es.

Boolit Mold
    Natches has Federal .22 Target Champion, 325 rds for $18.99 per box, 2 box max per order. That works out to be .06 per round.

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    Well that is a theory anyway. But the WalMart with the least expensive price was the one with NO big box store competition unless K Mart qualifies a such today?

I live in an area with 5 W/M's within a 20 mile drive with the nearest being 15 miles away. The other 4 W/M's have big box outlet within a block of their front doors, Meijer stores to be exact.
    Wal-Mart's competitors are not just big box stores it could be a small mom & pop shop selling the same items that causes price differences in a given area.