Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners Repackbox
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051525354 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1065

Thread: going to start making 224 swaging dies

Boolit Man
    Thank you Dan. I don't really know all the details so I will await your next message. When I buy the set I want to know it is 100 % complete.
    Frank

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by frank martinez View Post
    Thank you Dan. I don't really know all the details so I will await your next message. When I buy the set I want to know it is 100 % complete.
    Frank
    with the 224 swage die set, it assumes you already have a way to make a rough core. either you can make your own core mold, or you can have someone make you one.. there is a vendor here on castboolits who makes core molds.. as well as some other guys on the forums who are making core molds. you can also use lead wire that you can buy on ebay or any other lead source.

the dies are designed to handle wheel weights, so lead purity is not a big deal.. the harder the lead the better in many cases. depending on what you want to use the bullets for..

the dies dont come with locking rings, however, i haven't found a real need for them..

other than that, the 224 swage die set comes with all punches needed to operate the dies, as well as swage lube to get you going.. the swage lube should be enough to make about 1,000 projectiles.. and if you need more, i'm happy to give instructions to make more lube, or i can supply you with more whenever you need.

the die set doesn't come with a point uniform tool.. the point uniform can be done with a pencil sharpener. plus there are several other companies out there who make some great point uniform tools.. i am working on getting a point uniform die, and or point uniform punch/boat tail punch out for everyone real soon.

thanks,
    dan

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Dan

I am rookie in this forum and after reading all 51 pages a bit pleasantly tired
    My question is, could you post instructable video (the DVD version) from swaging process step by step as you promised many sites before?
    Thanks mate.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by rasto View Post
    Hi Dan

I am rookie in this forum and after reading all 51 pages a bit pleasantly tired
    My question is, could you post instructable video (the DVD version) from swaging process step by step as you promised many sites before?
    Thanks mate.
    hello rasto, and welcome to castboolits.

i'm sorry to say, i have yet to make any instruction video's. as soon i do, i'll be happy to post them.

but the 224 swage die set does come with a full instruction manual which i have written.

would you like a pdf copy of these instructions?

also, if you have any questions about the process of swaging, feel free to ask me or anyone else here.. we all would be happy to help.

thanks,
    Dan

Request for PDF copy of instructions (224 swage die set)

Quote Originally Posted by danr View Post
    hello rasto, and welcome to castboolits.

i'm sorry to say, i have yet to make any instruction video's. as soon i do, i'll be happy to post them.

but the 224 swage die set does come with a full instruction manual which i have written.

would you like a pdf copy of these instructions?

also, if you have any questions about the process of swaging, feel free to ask me or anyone else here.. we all would be happy to help.

thanks,
    Dan

Hi Dan,

I've been thinking about buying your 224 swage die set. It would have been great if you would allow me to have a copy of the instruction so that I can have an idea about the whole process.

Hoping for your kind consideration and best regards,

Ronnie

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    danr, first off I apologize, I do not have it in me to wade through all 51 pages, have been skimming every fifth page.

Some quick questions:

Is it possible to use Lee 55gr. .22 Bator boolits as the core?

Not being up to speed on all the steps, is is possible to do a reduced cost starter set to make a single type of projectile.

At the beginning of the thread there was a pic of some dies that were said to be too soft. Are they junk or could they be used, understanding that the product and the numbers produced would be less than optimum. (Wondering if they would be good enough to make plinker AR bullets.)

I guess a copy of the pdf would go along way toward helping decide on the investment.

Thanks very much.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    danr, first off I apologize, I do not have it in me to wade through all 51 pages, have been skimming every fifth page.

Some quick questions:

Is it possible to use Lee 55gr. .22 Bator boolits as the core?

Not being up to speed on all the steps, is is possible to do a reduced cost starter set to make a single type of projectile.

At the beginning of the thread there was a pic of some dies that were said to be too soft. Are they junk or could they be used, understanding that the product and the numbers produced would be less than optimum. (Wondering if they would be good enough to make plinker AR bullets.)

I guess a copy of the pdf would go along way toward helping decide on the investment.

Thanks very much.
    i can fully understand not wading through 51 pages of posts.. its a chore to do so.

for the die sets to operate correctly you need a core size of .191 - .213
    so .22 would be a little to big. it maybe possible to squash them into a rimfire cup.. god only knows, i think xfoxofshogo has prolly tried to do so.. if you dont know xfoxofshogo, i really suggest talking with him, he has pushed these dies far beyond any limits i could have ever dreamed possible.

the dies your referring to in the beginning posts, that where to soft, didn't have a point ogive in them, so they couldn't be used for swaging. soft dies is not that big of a deal, but the ogive / point is.

in all reality, i wont be able to make a ultra-cheap starter kit. each die is needed to make a projectile. and there are no special parts or special dies to make different projectile types.. the same set of dies and punches can make soft points, hollow points, soft hollow points, or even full metal jackets. they can range in weight from 45 grains all the way up and beyond 100grains. xfoxofshogo has made some as big as 130 grains out of 22 mag cases. (* i dont know why he did, there isn't a 223 AR on earth that can shoot a 130 grain projectile. but he did it *)

the cheapest way to make a ultra cheap set is to make them yourself. i'm always willing to share the complete designs of my dies to anyone who wants to use them for non-profit use. i made them OPEN SOURCE so that anyone can make them if they have the equipment or the desire to do so.

the point forming die is the most difficult due to the ogive, but it can be done. i've made many sets before going on this adventure of making them professionally.. my very first set was made from nothing more than steel plates that was wedged between the ram and a reloading die. as long as the overall diameter and weight is within safe limits, you can shoot it. but do so at your own risk.. sorry but i cant take responsibility for experimental practices.

if your not up for taking on the challenge of making your own.. then cost becomes a real issue. you should know that some of my customers have made well over 10,000 projectiles with their dies in the short time that they have had them. the dies have shown no wear, and are likely to keep making projectiles for many years. if you consider that your average box of 100 projectiles cost $10, by making 10,000 you've saved your self $1,000 this is more than enough to offset the cost of a full set of dies of any manufacture.

i fully endorse not only corbin dies, but also BT sniper dies, as well as buckman dies and CH4D dies.. they are all Fantastic products.. i feel lucky to be here responding to you as a die maker.

when you consider being able to make projectiles when you cant buy them (* we have seen it happen before *) these dies become priceless. you'll always be able to make projectiles when nobody else can get them.

my dies are hardened to 54RC, this is harder than most drill bits, its near impossible to drill into them.. yet they are soft enough to handle abuse and not break.. i warranty them from ever breaking, and it doesn't matter if the dies change hands 100 times.. i'll always warranty them against cracking or breaking. the punches are easily made with nothing more than a hand drill and a file so that you'll always have a way of getting replacements.. i also supply replacements at a low cost because they are easily made.

it is also possible to use them to make projectiles from normal copper tubing or brass tubing.. the dies are made so that you can experimental with them and not worry about hurting them in any way. you may hurt the punch's but, you wont hurt the dies.

feel free to contact me directly at drickard@gmail.com i'm always happy to answer questions.

thank you,
    Dan Rickard
    Owner of Kaine Dies.

danr,
    Where can I find prices for your dies?

Thank you,
    Barry

Hi Dan....are you still making dies??

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Theditchman View Post
    Hi Dan....are you still making dies??
    i just got done moving to a new state which supports small business owners better than washington state, we are still setting up shop, and should be back to full production real soon.

so, keep a look out, we'll be doing a sale to kick off the new place real soon.

Thanks,
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by danr View Post
    i just got done moving to a new state which supports small business owners better than washington state, we are still setting up shop, and should be back to full production real soon.

so, keep a look out, we'll be doing a sale to kick off the new place real soon.

Thanks,
    Dan
    i am interested in your dies please let me know when you are back up to making them again...thanks..

Boolit Buddy

Danr, You got anything for 308 from jackets or from tubing?

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Boolit Mold
    Hi Danr

I sent you a PM. I have a set of your 224 dies. The larger diameter punch has worn down/rounded off. As a result when I make bullets and I final size them there is a fin being made on the bullet. Is there a way for me to get a replacement punch?

thanks

id be interested in a set of your 223 dies when you get back up and running. pleased send me an im when your ready again

I noticed that Newcaster is selling a set of these dies on swapping and selling.
    Never in history has there been a situation so bad that the government couldn't make it worse.
    A foolish faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Prospector Howard View Post
    I noticed that Newcaster is selling a set of these dies on swapping and selling.
    And!!??
    "Consequently we move away from other shooters to remain focused on our passion, as our ideas are quickly dismissed or misunderstood by others. Sharing does not come easily for swagers, not because they are necessarily selfish, but because they have been whittling away in their only little world for so long, that being able to relate to others what they understand is no simple task."

​Mentor

In case someone wanted to buy a set and didn't want to wait until he is back to selling them!!??
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Christensen View Post
    And!!??
    Never in history has there been a situation so bad that the government couldn't make it worse.
    A foolish faith in authority is the enemy of the truth.

Boolit Bub
    really should get these as soon as they are back in production,
    could see how this is the next step in reloading and crafting the bullet you want to shoot.
    Please IM when back up
    Ray

Banned

the new Kane dies core mold we have been working on. here is the video we just finished prototyping it last night. the new mold will allow you to swap out 1 part to make other caliber cores. the drop out weight of the cores is 68 grains. adding a 22 rimfire cup, the total weight is around 75 or so. depending on the cup.

we will be including this with the 224 swage die sets. we'll also be selling them as well.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by sly mantis View Post
    Hi Danr

I sent you a PM. I have a set of your 224 dies. The larger diameter punch has worn down/rounded off. As a result when I make bullets and I final size them there is a fin being made on the bullet. Is there a way for me to get a replacement punch?

thanks
    sorry i may have missed your PM, as my private messages here have been swamped with people wanting dies.

as always, Kaine Dies has a full lifetime warranty, we'll be happy to replace the punch for you. just ship us your worn punch and we'll ship you a new one.

PM me for details for shipping.

thanks,
    Dan