MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first lever gun!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    great rifle, the rifle in my avitar is a 38/357 Rossi. I bought it used as a back up rifle and for learners coming to the range. Wrong! It has become my most used rifle! Have fun with it, mine lives on 38 cowboy loads. I have a few hunting boolit moulds, I must get afield with this one.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

I have a Marlin in 38/357 and it's the funnest gun I have. Accurate, reasonably powerful, and very little recoil. They work well with cast bullets, just be sure to have plenty of rounds loaded, they can really gobble up the ammo!
    GH1

I have the same rifle without the ring. I have more fun shooting my Rossi 92 than any other firearm I own. It will shoot most any 38/357 I put in It as far as factory ammo goes. some of my cast boolits (swc) need to be seated pass the crimp to work in the action, with .357mag. Mostly I shoot a Accurate mould 140C crimped in the crimping groove with 15gr. of 2400 for just over 1800 fps. It works very well. I to have a SKS and It's not going any where. I shoot cast in It also. Your going to love that carbine.

Boolit Master

I have a 16" .357 Rossi Trapper Carbine. I use it nearly every day I'm home from the truck. You will like it a lot.
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    I gave my son an ammo tin of 9mm and my Norinco 1911 and my wife another ammo of 38s and my Rossi at the range one day. I then got busy as the Range Officer and ran the range. Both tins were pretty well full of loaded ammo. Several hours later, my son came walking up towards me,followed by my wife. I said 'sick of it?' He replied, 'nah, we ran out of ammo. I was gob smacked, I will do a count one day on how many rounds of each an ammo tin will take. It is a lot though. As GH1 said, they gobble up ammo!
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371999918.587603.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	74360

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371999939.038872.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	74361

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371999952.087408.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	74362

Boy do I love this lever gun!!!
    It is so smooth,
    Feeds pretty well to.

I tried it with the 158 SWC's and a full magazine feeds flawlessly.
    hello.

Boolit Mold
    My newest gun is 38/357 rossi with the 16 inch barrel.It shoots every bit as good as I can.Not nearly as smooth or anywhere near as easy to load as my henry big boy but i wasnt expecting it too.big boy is 45 colt and the firing pin has broke recently and they are sending me 2 free of course.Rossi seemed accurate with my 38spl loads with same point of aim box of fedral 357 shot 4-5 inches high but about as accurate otherwise from what i could tell.Hold it sideways work the lever and mine would jam up for sure. guarrenteed. So i just dont do that if i can help it. Loading it was a chore last round i would cram in with my pocket knife to get it to clear what i woould call loading gate ? knife made it way easier but my feeling and hope is that with some use it will loosen up a bit and get easier. didnt expect it to be as smooth as loading henry.Nonetheless, for the price it works and shoots as well as i would expect.I would buy another . Have some Fun yet Safe Shootin all.