Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersTitan Reloading
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primers & Powder

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Primers & Powder

I got 10,000 Win LP primers in yesterday from Powder Valley. It only cost me one arm after Hazmat and shipping but I don't have to worry about LP primers for a few weeks, errrrr, well maybe a bit longer than that.
    I did run into a guy who sells reloading supplies locally and he has powder and primers. He will drop off at my office too. I asked for SP primers and he claims to have a order of CCI just in so I ask about purchasing 5000 SP. He says, no problem, he can drop them off Monday for $29 Per K. So I ask about powders and he names off several that I use that he has in stock. I ask about Bullseye and he said, all ya want. But he only has it in one and four lb containers. The four lb canisters go for $59. I told him to bring a couple of those too.
    I don't know where this guy gets his stock from but he seems to keep it. I've talked to him several times at the range in the past few months and he always has stock and at good prices "At least most of today's prices". Plus getting it dropped off at the office is a big plus too.
    Last edited by Down South; 06-06-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Perma-Banned

That is great to hear. I have about 10K of small pistol on order from Powder Valley hope to see them soon myself.

Can you PM me his contact info. Is the club PSC or the other one? Thanks.

Perma-Banned

I would appreciate his contact info as well ,if you would not mind.

Boolit Master
    its all stolen goods from new orleans,,,haha kidding kidding Im from nola,

Let me ask him if he minds his contact being given out before I do. I don't believe he would mind since he gave me a business card but I would rather ask first.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Banned

Powder Valley is a good outfit to do business with. Fortunately for me, they're only about two hours away and I go through there now and then on my way south, so I can pick up and avoid the hazmat.

I need to lay in some more powder and primers.

Boolit Grand Master

If we're patient just a little longer, the madness will dissipate and there will be stock on the shelves most everywhere.
    Then the prices will come down to the new normal.

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    If we're patient just a little longer, the madness will dissipate and there will be stock on the shelves most everywhere.
    Then the prices will come down to the new normal.
    There will be a new crisis to take advantage of. I feel it in me bones!
    J
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen

"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
    Thomas Paine

Boolit Master
    Hi...

I stopped at one of the LGS on the way home from work to check for some rifle die sets. They didn't have what I was looking for...

The .22LR shelf remains bare as it has been since before Christmas except for .22shotshells.
    Lots of .17HMR. The was some rifle and handgun ammo available in most popular calibers except 9mm.
    Jacketed bullets were in good supply from 4-5 manufacturers...Hornady HP/XTPs still not available in .357 or .41 regardless of bullet weight.
    The primer shelf had a decent selection of types available with a 1K limit per day per customer as it has been for months. $35.99/thousand for CCI primers.
    I didn't buy any...I have about 10K on hand and about another 4K in primed bass.

Powders were available in quite a varied selection from several manufacturers. I lb containers only. I don't need any powder right now...unless it is a good deal on 8lb kegs. I didn't look at the price...last I bought about a month ago was c. $19/lb.

The handgun case had very few new revolvers, a couple of used revolvers(not particularly good prices nor particularly desirable pieces)) and a decent selection of semi-autos. The long gun racks were well-stocked.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mroliver77 View Post
    There will be a new crisis to take advantage of. I feel it in me bones!
    J
    Well blow me down with a feather if somebody didn,t shoot up a Santa Monica Campus
    with His Holiness the Dope only three blocks away.How,s that for coincidence???

Banned

I paid $39 (plus tax) for 1000 SR primers today. Still would only allow 1 box per customer. Wish I had a source like downsouth

I stopped in to Gander Mountain (can I post the name?) in N Houston and found tons of shotgun ammo as well as some decent prices of range 9 mm, .38/357, and .40 S&W, but the only 10 mm was priced at $40 per box. I didn't pay too much attention to rifle but they had more than I have seen as many other stores i.e. Bass Pro, Academy, Wal-Mart.

I've stopped in there a time or two recently and they do seem to have better stocked shelves than most. They even had some 5.56 the last time I was there.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master

Kinda odd here. LGS and farm stores can't seem to get .22s...plenty of shotgun and some factory rifle and handgun but no .22s...while our 'Big Box' sporting goods has plenty of CCI Mini-Mags and Standard Velocity LRs. A bit on the pricy side but, at least, they've got 'em.

Gunshow and auction prices seem to be backing down a little, too. Went to an estate sale yesterday and prices for guns and loaded ammo were still bonkers but SOME of the reloading stuff was halfway reasonable...a bit more, perhaps, than online prices but no sales tax, shipping, or hazmat. I got a 4-pounder of Unique for $60 and a two 1-pounders of Blue Dot for $40. On the other hand, components for ARs, AK/SKS, and 7.62x51 sold for just flat outrageous numbers. Same story for ammo...both reloads and factory...milsurp .223 for $1/round and 9mm FMJ reloads for $50-$60/100.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

Where Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland join.
    Stopped at my favorite LGS today among other things I got a pound of Unique $22.99, brick of CCI Quiet $36.99, and #10 caps at $5.99 a tin (another LGS has them at $4.99 but they were available). Prices are shelf price so add plus 6% sales tax minus 3% for cash. He also had other .22's, powders and primers etc. on the shelves but I left them for everyone else.
    Blacksmith

S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us!

Boolit Master

How are you guys ordering supplies from Powder Valley? They haven't had anything listed as in stock for months, and they are not accepting back-orders. So how/why are they staying so busy that they are 3-4 weeks behind on shipping. Surely they have run through the back-orders that they had taken before they stopped taking BO?

If everything is out of stock, what are they shipping? Just wondering!!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by km101 View Post
    How are you guys ordering supplies from Powder Valley? They haven't had anything listed as in stock for months, and they are not accepting back-orders. So how/why are they staying so busy that they are 3-4 weeks behind on shipping. Surely they have run through the back-orders that they had taken before they stopped taking BO?

If everything is out of stock, what are they shipping? Just wondering!!
    They get sporadic shipments in. A few weeks ago they sold 10 mil primers in 2 hours. I've been able to place 2 orders with them in the last 2 months and they've taken about a month to ship out.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjones View Post
    They get sporadic shipments in. A few weeks ago they sold 10 mil primers in 2 hours. I've been able to place 2 orders with them in the last 2 months and they've taken about a month to ship out.
    Yes, I lucked up on one of those deals where primers were in stock at best, for a few hrs. I made an order and had it in about two weeks.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Grand Master

I scored a pound of 3031 @ Cabelas yesterday, first powder I've bought in awhile. A LGS had several varieties on the shelf, just nothing I wanted. Cabelas even had a small stash of primers.
    Things will be spotty for another month or so, unless this Santa Monica thing goes viral.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.