Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Stevens vintage pump action 22.

Stevens vintage pump action 22.

This a couple of photos of a Stevens VLR pump action .22 rf made in the early 20 th century this one was made around 1907 to 1916 the 1 st photo shows the condition I got it in. And one shows the rifle after it was cleaded up a re blued now I just have sand and recoate the wood on the rifle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

I've wanted one of those for some time, I just love the complicated mech.!

In Remembrance

I had one I traded for as a teenager that the rifling was completely gone, you could hear the bullet flipping in the air when fired. I saw Steve McQueen with his mares leg gun and cut it down to match. Didn't know it was illegal. Made a holster for it and then a guy wanted it so badly he offered me too much for it. Lately I have wished I had kept it original and had it sleeved.

Kind of looks like our visible loader. Nice little plinker...
    High Hook

Boolit Buddy
    I inherited my Grandfather's Stevens Visible Loader. The bore was ruined (cleaned with a coat hanger? or never cleaned at all...) and the chamber was wrecked from a generation of dry-firing. I had it sleeved and now it shoots nicely, just gotta figure out how to rework the awful open sights (rear groove wide as a country lane and the front blade slim as a Highschool freshman...)

Boolit Grand Master
    The Miserable Loader that I had for a few months shot okay once I straightened the barrel so the sights lined up. I never put it on paper, but I did splatter a lot of road apples with it.

Robert

Boolit Master
    I've got one in the dark corner of the safe. I bought it at a flea market when I was a kid.

I don't know why the bores on these seem to be almost universally terrible, but unless I ever get it relined, it will continue to sit in a dark corner.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Grand Master
    Because they date back to the days of corrosive priming and probably saw plenty of black powder rounds as well.

Mine had a very frosty bore, but the chamber was good?? What I did not like about it was the fact that with even standard velocity Long Rifles, the action would come about half way open each time it was fired. That is one rifle I am not sorry to see go down the road.

Robert