Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: lube on the finished bullet

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)

lube on the finished bullet

thanks to a lot of help from several of you fellas and the archives i have these 10mm 200gr jwords swaged and ready to go... they are not the best looking but they punch holes in paper fine...

they are lubed up with straight lanolin, do you guys remove the lube before reloading, if so how?

Boolit Master

lube on the finished bullet

I tumble mine in SS media with additional soap to compensate for the additional lube. That and citric acid, I get mine to look like a shiny penny.

You can also tumble them in walnut or corn cob media. Works, just not as well as the SS media.

"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

For me it won't matter, but for more cosmetic beauty, try to tumble them in ceramic media with citric acid and dishwashing detergent. You'd be amazed later! This is BT's tip!

Lizard,

That's really nice bullets you got there!

I'm not really into 40SW because I don't have the gun, but reading and looking at the pics posted here in the forum, maybe
    I should get one of Armscor single stack cal. 40SW and make bullets like yours!

Those look pretty good. I put my swaged bullets(or would it be boolits? Haven't figured that out yet) in my tumbler with corn cob media and let them run overnight. They are a little shinier and lube free. I have stainless media but it is balls and gets stuck in the hollow point. I know that others put mineral spirits or acetone in a mason jar with bullets with lube still on them and shake it around to get the lube off.
    I pity the baker,
    I pity the nun

I pity the one
    Who tries to take my gun

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    ^^^ thats what i ended up doing... 2 cap fulls of mineral spirits in the walnut media with a couple of sheets of cutup dryer wrinkle-free sheets and an hour later they were all free of the lube and a little more shiny, good enough for reloading and paper targets... thanks guys for the suggestions