MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: What am I missing?

Boolit Bub

What am I missing?

Compared to most forum's "for sale" boolits seems to have very few guns. Lot of lead, brass, and reloading equipment but very few guns. I have a gun I would like to sell, and I feel it is a good fit for boolits. What am I missing?...........Joe

Love Life
    You are missing nothing. Post the gun for sale if you want to sell it. Seems members here like to hold onto their shooting iron!!

A description and pictures ??

A guess, based on a few months membership. The people here have more knowledge of what the law actually says about selling guns then some general interest forums we could speculate about. That knowledge precludes casual sales that really wouldn't be legal.
    As I said, that's just a guess.

I'm not sure I understand the question? With correct FFL usage, I've seen individuals sell guns on this website, if that's what you are getting at?

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Seems members here like to hold onto their shooting iron!!
    I pledged many moons ago to never sell another one.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

One of the great things about casting is the ability to load for odd ball calibers that are difficult to find ammo for. The members here can usually make any gun work with enough effort. There is a lot of info here about casting and loading for common calibers, but you can readily find the threads where someone has brought an old gun back to life. A lot of casters (myself included) find a lot of pleasure in that.

Also, what Wilco said. I buy guns, I have never sold one.

So, what do you have for sale? When you post it for sale in the Swappin-n-Sellin section, please post a link here.

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    I pledged many moons ago to never sell another one.

I'm there with you on that one Wilco. I think in over 23 yrs, I've sold 1, traded 2. Last was a trade back in Feb. But I got the better deal.

I no longer sell guns...I BUY them. That reminds me, I need another safe!
    45 AUTO! Because having to shoot someone twice is just silly!

Banned

I think that this forum is made up with older members. If we could do a age verification process, I bet it would be that 90% of the members are 40+ years of age. Normally that means a more stable income level. It also means that they are not going to sell off their guns to fund the next wim that happens their way.

Just my take on it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    I think that this forum is made up with older members. If we could do a age verification process, I bet it would be that 90% of the members are 40+ years of age.....
    There was an age poll not too long ago. If my memory serves me correctly (age!), 50 to 60 got the most responses.

Boolit Master

I've bought and sold guns, never regretted a purchase, never NOT regretted a sale...

Boolit Buddy
    Moonie,

I totally agree, that statement is so very true. Sooner or latter I have regretted everyone I have sold or traded.

Banned

You are allowed to sell guns here. I've bought and sold a few.

Boolit Bub
    I am over the 60 year old mark but still sell guns and usually regret it.

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

I've moved a fair amount of guns over the decades and never regretted selling one. I was usually "trading up" or bought something I knew would increase in value quite a bit. This has allowed me to aquire the decent collection I have now and that was my goal. Took a very long time but I'm very happy with what I own now.

In Remembrance

I am over 60 and haven't sold a gun in 30 years, traded one for a better gun, and have had 14 stolen. I still regret selling the guns I did more than 30 years ago.I do sell some reloading gear occasionally and usually regret that.

Boolit Bub

I sold 2 guns in my life. Regretted it both times. Now I just buy one when I see something I think I can't live without but have not sold one in 20 years.

Boolit Master
    I have sentimental attachments and stories attached to almost every gun I own. I can tell you how many deer I have killed with my Traditions Lightening-fire 50 cal muzzle loader and probably a long winded story for each. I have some stories related to my CZ-452 22LR. Some of my guns were owned by my grandfather, a Remington 760 35 Remington and a Remington 03 A3; can't sell those. I have some newer ones I plan on making memories with before passing them on to my sons. I now cast for nearly every gun I own except for my Remington 870 Express, Weatherby Athena 20 gauge and my stuff in 22 LR. The Athena was a gift. I do have a Ruger PK97 45 ACP I would unload if it got me closer to a 1911. I once had a Colt Series 70 1911 and had a lot quality issues with it. Sold it and occasionally regret it.

Boolit Grand Master

I seldom sell one without good reason, recently traded a 336 that didn't like my boolits but brought home a NIB Colt SAA to make me feel better about the loss. It was a slick, nice looking rifle but I don't think I'll miss it.....probably should have had JES rebore it.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

The only guns I ever sell are ones that I buy to resell. Or if I buy a gun that I think I will like and end up hating it like my Taurus judge public defender. That hand gun just plain sucks. I have given lots of guns away. The latest was a custom built 7mm mag built on a smith and Wesson action on a hand cut walnut stock. I just don't like selling guns.
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma