Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersLoad Data
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: I think the Gougers are getting edgey...

Boolit Bub
    I think they are getting edgy as well. My LGS has 5.56 ammo on shelf for .50 per round. 9mm has been hitting wal-marts shelves regularly. ARs are also sitting on the shelf now.. 750 for a dpms oracle.

I see ads in the newspaper now of ppl trying to dump 5.56 ammo for .50-60 cents a round. I even see overlapping ads where they are dropping their price. This tells me that people have enough ammo at this point and are unwilling to pay crazy prices.

In a month people will be lucky to get rid of primers for what they have into them.

Boolit Master

Gee, I hope you are right, but I don't think you are. I don't know where you live, but where I live there hasn't been ANYTHING on Wmarts shelves for months, especially .22LR, 9mm, or any of the common rounds. Last I checked they did have some .410 shotshells.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    Gee, I hope you are right, but I don't think you are. I don't know where you live, but where I live there hasn't been ANYTHING on Wmarts shelves for months, especially .22LR, 9mm, or any of the common rounds. Last I checked they did have some .410 shotshells.
    I live in minnesota area. I have four wal marts within a half hour drive. The manager calls me when they get 9mm in. They each get a 500 round shipment three times a week of 9mm 5.56 and 45 of some brand. It does sell quickly.

Boolit Buddy
    Don't know if it means anything but my last Lee six banger went for only $102+ on ebay last night. Previously, the lowest was $122 to $152. Maybe some of the panic is wearing off, but the mold I sold last night was one that I just got in from Midway last week. The panic is still so bad that I was able to flip the mold for $40 profit.

-RFL

Boolit Master

I've been seeing more loaded ammo for sale. 45 acp and 40 s&w. But not much 9mm yet. I am starting to see small lots of powder out there too. I think we still have a ways to go but it does look better than last month. I know there are a lot of people buying all the 9mm, 45 acp., and 40 s&w carbide dies and then reselling them on fleabay. The price has come down a little but still has a ways to go.

Boolit Master

I was in Sportsmans Warehouse in Lexington, KY last weekend. All the 1lb cans of powder were gone, but there were 8lb kegs of 4064, 4198 and CFE223 on the shelf. Plenty of J-words and .44 cal GC's. Plenty of equipment too, mostly Green and Red. Also saw a few MSR's too. Wasn't to crazy about the cat with pants around his ankles( you know, 4 sizes too big and some joker named "Klein" tagged his skivvies) that was fondling one of them but at least they are getting back on the shelf.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Russel Nash View Post
    I sleep just fine, thanks!

Do you realize with all of your pro-police posts in the politics forum and now your posts here against capitalism, how much of a statist you sound like?

I take it you sleep just fine, too???
    "Statist?" That's funny, right there. I have no issue whatsoever with capitalism, and in fact believe in it whole-heartedly. I just have no use for thieves and predators of any stripe, which is in keeping with my pro-LEO postings and therefor consistent in content. Gougers are thieves and predators, and if it hurts your feelings to read that then I'm sorry. These are honestly-held feelings. Your remarks have the tinge of cop-hater, and not for the first time. I appreciate the notice.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

I just came back "from the city". It looks like the Sportsman's Warehouse in Provo has a lot more pistols than they had a few weeks ago. I saw kimber, sig sauer, s&w, ruger,etc. Their selection has improved dramatically. Only saw a couple of pounds of powder. No primers. Loaded ammo is coming back. There wasn't a lot but there was some for every caliber. I never buy store bought ammo so I usually don't look for it. But under the circumstances I took a walk around to see what was happening.

Boolit Master

Didn't know if I would post this or not but WTH. I ran into my "friend" today and the price has dropped to $55.00X1000, "Are you interested in any?"

I sat there for a second, thinking I missed something then mentioned the phone call. I ended the conversation with a rather "tactful" nope. Thinking the entire time that the schmuck can't even remember the first time he tried his song and dance on me.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Master

I took the car up to Springfield (Missouri) to get it serviced yesterday, afterwards stopped at Harbor Fright as usual. Thought I would check out BassPro and had some sticker shock, they had some j-bullets high priced 50 cent to a dollar a piece type. The had one one pound can of Lil' gun for powder, no primers, no pistol ammo, they did have some rimfire .17 Cal, no 22lr. I stopped in to buy a .22 brass jag and they didn't have any, just plastic. They had plenty of rifles and shotguns, and a few pistols.
    Ed Barrett
    AKA; elbStJoeMO
    If vegans love animal so much, why do they eat all their food?

Love Life
    Quote Originally Posted by P.K. View Post
    Didn't know if I would post this or not but WTH. I ran into my "friend" today and the price has dropped to $55.00X1000, "Are you interested in any?"

I sat there for a second, thinking I missed something then mentioned the phone call. I ended the conversation with a rather "tactful" nope. Thinking the entire time that the schmuck can't even remember the first time he tried his song and dance on me.
    Tell your friend I'll offer him $36.00 per 1,000 for half his stock. Cash money.

Boolit Buddy
    Beginning to sound as if there may be a big "Spring Sale" in the near future as shelves get restocked in the big box stores. Hhhhmmmm.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Tell your friend I'll offer him $36.00 per 1,000 for half his stock. Cash money.
    Now you STOP that. I put my bid in last week for $10.00 per K.

You sir are feeding the fires of inflation.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Love Life
    I withdraw my offer. Now where are them cougars at?

Boolit Grand Master

Soon as that gouger shows up to collect on my bid YOU and I will GREET him with a couple of your MILITARY grade socks and a FULL bar of Fels-Naptha Heavy Duty Laundry Soap inside.

It was a GREAT convincer when I was in BOOT CAMP.

Boolit Grand Master

As far as the COUGARS go, check Todays random facebook photo #1083 and see the BEST OF THE BEST. The top and bottom photos.

bbs70 RISKED LIFE AND LIMB to capture those prize photos.

My post #85 in this thread required an edit, a correction, and an apology, so I'm bumping this thread back to the top.

mike
    I saw this in a cartoon once. I'm pretty sure I can pull it off...

Boolit Master

As I have stated before.

Life doesn't owe you a consistent supply of ANYTHING.

Get Real.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Buddy
    Don't have much personal experience, but I hear that the bars in Aspen are a good place to look.

Well I think the price of AR Mags should be at before craziness prices or close to it. I got my shipment in from Brownells yesterday. Do not get excited it was only 10 PMags to replace my factory early 70's ones lol.
    If one sits in thundering quiet the soul dies slow instead of yell to the heavens for all to hear and behold the righteous and upstanding and ones of which should be held with tales of woe. By C.A.S. <--- Thats Me lol.