MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load Data Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little banged up but okay

Boolit Master

Little banged up but okay

I had a run in with a deer last evening on the bike. My friend Howie was fortunately (he had a passenger on the back of his bike) able to swerve left to clear Momma and little one number 1, I swerved left to give him room to work and little one number 2 railed the back of the bike from the left side, broke the rear tire loose and the bike started goin down. I felt it start goin down on the right and I was able to roll left and get on top of the bike and ride it across the pavement for about 40 feet before the handle bar caught a crack and lauched me off the top. Not much damage to me, a jambed thumb, most of the skin on my right knee is gone. Nothin brokin though. First guy on the scene thought I was dead until I yelled at him to help me get the damn helmet off and the bike out of the road. Heres a pic of the jacket. The scratches don't show up well, its pretty much torn up all the way around the jacket, rolled probably 5 or 6 times down the road.

the bike will need work. the gauge pod is destroyed, along with the head light housing, its leaking anti-freeze from somewhere... But it will ride again someday.
    Some where between here and there.....

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Wow, sorry to hear that Dan. Glad your mostly unhurt, nothing too serious anyway.
    Glad you were wearing leather and a helmet, that knee will be ok,, in a while huh.
    Dang Deer!
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range, 2009 Phil's Avatar
    Hi Dan,

Glad you came out of it with little injury. I know those knee skins hurt like heck, been there, done that, got the t shirt. But they will heal and the bike will be back on the road. Just glad you're ok.

Cheers,

Phil

Boolit Grand Master
    Whew! Man, Dan, I'm sure glad you're OK! I know you're tight about the bike, but they still be makin' plenny of them boys. As for RedNeckDans, there's only one that I know about.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Ah, the smell of autumn, and the refreshing feeling of a good case of road rash! Glad you came out of it more or less ok. I suggest you contact Gussy's wife, and start a Cast Boolits Wheeled Hunting Society.

That your first time down? sounds to me like maybe it was not, I rode a Goldwing on its side for almost a quarter mile, stringing fiberglass and chrome the whole way. Glad to hear you made it without bad injury, next time use a gun and a cast boolit on them deer,

Rick

Even Though you did not get hurt too badly you are gonna be pretty sore for awhile ! and I am not just talking about your knee...hitting the ground and rolling over and over beating yourself up will take some time for you to heal!

Glad you and your group made it with out more extensive injuries....JR
    Member Migigan Gun Owners www.MiGunowners.org
    NRA member NRA R/O
    IDPA member
    IDPA Safety Officer
    Member Linden Sportsmens Club Linden,MI
    Member Detroit Sportsmans Congress Utica,MI

Boolit Buddy

oh deer

glad your ok[glad ya didnt have jen on back]

ya dem deers have a funny way of sacking you wen ya dont expect it

remember your starting a new month with a clean slate[like we talked about]

by the way its howies family that has the bet with him about making it to 25

have a restful weekend

glad your ok!

Boolit Master

you now know the true worth of a good set of leathers. Glad you are ok. Also hope you were not bending the limits while in the process of smoking Bambi. Remember it is their environment also.

Moderator Emeritus

Glad you walked away from it. That is the important part. Gianni.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

In Remebrance

Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing. My next deer hit will be #14, 1 at 90mph+. I'd rather not talk about the cow I hit....

Boolit Master
    Ya road rash can be a pain, btdt, glad your ok,
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Master
    Glad you are OK,close call. I have thought about getting some stickers with animal pictures on them to put on my faring.I have hit coons, possums, rabbits , cats,dogs, deer, skunks, cats and even a bat. The skunk caused the most commotion, the deer was the most dangerous. It was an 70-75 pound doe that ran in between the forks and engine on my old Beemer. The cylinder guard broke her back amd I ran on over her. Living out in the boonies and riding at night probably causes most of these problems.

beemer

In Remebrance

Caught a Snowy Owl (I think thats the name, the one on the White Owl Cigar box) in the light bar at 120+. After I changed my underwear, I discovered I no longer had a light bar. Didn't so much for the owl either. Took quite a ribbing after I got to the scene and we got the knuckleheads corralled.

Boolit Master

Glad you are ok Dan. You need to make it to 50 so you can truly enjoy the pleasures of all those youthful activities when you think that you are bullet proof.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Master
    Be thankful it wasn't worse. You'll forget all about in a while, only to remember it again getting out of bed some morning about 30 years from now.

The top three signs that motocross is not for you:

1. Your friends nickname you "crash", and it sticks.
    2. You have an open account at the radiologist.
    3. The amount of time you're putting into it is inversely proportional to the sponsorship you're recieving.

I'm not saying how I know this.

BD

Good to here you are alright . I have been down a couple times myself but I have always had the good furtune to be able walk away and not be carried away. Glad to see you were wearing good leathers. I hope your ride isn't to badly messed up. I haven't tangled with a deer but the day is probably coming . We have a lot of deer around here and I have had some close ones.

Boolit Bub
    Glad you survived this encounter. Had a moose put me down in Yellowstone right at dusk one September. Got lucky in that I went into a ditch instead of going down on asphalt.

Gives true meaning to LFFTCMW....little furry ffellows that cause motorcycle wrecks!

Dan, glad you got away with only minor damage. The bike can be fixed, the jacket can be replaced (if necessary), the hide will grow back, and you'll never ever hear the end of it from Jen.
    Rick