RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: 12ga federal shells reloading

Boolit Mold

12ga federal shells reloading

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	65507Can I reload this shellClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	65507

Boolit Grand Master

The general rule is "yes", but in my LIMITED shotshell experience, if it has a cardboard base wad (look down
    inside) it will only survive a few loads, and the mouth will fail pretty soon, too. Also, you have to
    find the right components, sometimes this can be tough if the shell is really not intended to be reloaded
    because there may not be exact info on it. Finding correct wad for your shell and shot combo can
    be a bit tricky.

The most info is out there for the target load specific shells which are designed to be reloaded, like the
    Win AA.

Short version - probably will work, may only get 3-4 loads before it is worn out, may have to trial
    and error.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

http://www.ballisticproducts.com/default.aspYou can call these folks they have it all.
    http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/index.php
    This is where I started my shotgun reloading good folks here.

Boolit Buddy

Yes you can but doesn't sound like you have a shotshell reloading manual or hit Hodgdens or other site or you would probably already know. PLEASE look it up for proper components and don't rely on any board comments for safe loads.

Bill is right, they're not much good for repeated reloading, but.....that's OK.....they're EVERYWHERE! Nobody else picks them up so I can get as many as I want, load them once and leave them lay. Pick up the once fired ones your buddy left laying.

Plenty of data and components available. Anything from 3/4 oz to 1 1/4 oz loads.

Just make sure your loader sizes all the way to the rim. The Aluminum base can swell and cause some problems if not properly sized. (I've had the same problem with recent mfg. Win AA and Rem Gun Club hulls)

Jerry
    Buzzard's luck!! Can't kill nothin', nothin'll die!!

Boolit Bub
    I do pretty much the same as KYCaster but I will load them 3 times then throw them away . I use a sharpie marker to put a stripe from the primer to the outside of the rim , when they are fired strike 3 they are out of there .

I also use them to load up shells for going pheasant hunting at the shooting preserve , that way I don't have to worry losing my good hulls .

In Remembrance

I recommend getting Lymans Shotshell Handbook for loads of information on shotshells and loads from birdshot to buckshot to slugs.

Boolit Master

if there Federal gold medal hulls ? yes they can be reloaded !

Boolit Master

Looks like a Top Gun. Yes you can if so. Call Alliant powder and they will tell you what can be substituted in regard to hull brand. I load them, but the crimp is only so-so.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    I think Claybuster or maybe another company is doing a wad for promo hulls. The Top Gun is a straight hull with a paper base wad. I use a dowel marked to ck base wad height.

Take care

r1kk1

Boolit Mold
    i have this but cant find this one in the manual.

Looks like a Federal Gun Club hull. It'll have a paper basewad so if it's been wet I'd chuck em'. If not (wet) then for sure you can reload them. Like has been said, you won't get the reloads from them like a AA or Remington, but they make a good hunting load. More room inside as it's straight walled and not tapered. I reload them with 1 1/4oz with a federal 12s4 wad and get beautiful crimps. Actually better than the STS hulls...I'd take all I could get my hands on if they were cheap enough...I like em'..

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluehorse View Post
    Looks like a Federal Gun Club hull. It'll have a paper basewad so if it's been wet I'd chuck em'. If not (wet) then for sure you can reload them. Like has been said, you won't get the reloads from them like a AA or Remington, but they make a good hunting load. More room inside as it's straight walled and not tapered. I reload them with 1 1/4oz with a federal 12s4 wad and get beautiful crimps. Actually better than the STS hulls...I'd take all I could get my hands on if they were cheap enough...I like em'..
    Federal doesn't make Gun Club, Remington does. It's a Top Gun hull. I've seen them in red, pink and I can't remember the third colour. I've seen Remington Gun Club hulls for 2.5 cents a piece.

Take care

r1kk1

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Remington1134 View Post
    i have this but cant find this one in the manual.
    Write an email to Alliant, hodgdon, or Accurate Arms for load data.

Take care

r1kk1

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by r1kk1 View Post
    Federal doesn't make Gun Club, Remington does. It's a Top Gun hull. I've seen them in red, pink and I can't remember the third colour. I've seen Remington Gun Club hulls for 2.5 cents a piece.

Take care

r1kk1
    It's white.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Thanks for correcting me, I knew that, but the brain sometimes short circuits between the head and hands....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65693
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shotshells.jpg  

Boolit Master
    1bluehorse,

Me too brother! Lol

I bought 4 flats of GCs at Dicks Sporting Goods when they were on sale. Out of all of the promo line of ammo, I think it's the best for reloading. I like the Federal Gold Medal for hunting loads but really miss the Active hulls.

Take care

r1kk1