WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RepackboxLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pat marlins gas check maker

Boolit Mold

pat marlins gas check maker

made some gas checks on a borrowed 30 cal. check maker by pat marlin. works very well once you get the hang of it. i have sent a message to him about prices and delivery time. anyone had any problems with his service. i am pretty sure i want one but want to check out his service etc. before ordering. argie1891

Boolit Master
    He has been through a move and other things over the last year but is up and running with good production reviews. I have a PB 45 Cal checkmaker from Pat and it took a while to get from him (prior to his move and life changes) but I knew it was going to be a while however it was worth the wait. Now a days he has his new shop, two or three machines working and is producing quality checkmakers at good production rates. I think the best way to find out production rates and estimated times of arrival is to email Pat himself. Here is his website link:
    http://www.patmarlins.com/

Email:
    mail@patmarlins.com

Pat is a good man, a one man show, and has a promise to do his best to produce a quality product and to deliver as quickly as he and his machines can.

Boolit Buddy
    Just received my 35PB from Pat and 1st impression is it works well although it did take a little while to get a rythm going and figure out what I needed to do. Shot over 100 9MM yesterday and it made my leading issues go away completely. This has been a problem for me for over a year with 9MM and these PB checks worked great. Accuracy did seem to suffer some but I am sure I can work on that. Expect a wait for your checkmaker but it is worth it, mine took about 6 weeks and I got a little anzy bugging Pat but they are a great tool.I plan on ordering several more.

Boolit Buddy
    Pat Has good intentions,and I believe is trying his best . I ordered mine right in the middle of his move and it took just over 9mos to get the checkmaker, with some trying times with communication and proof of payment issues , but checkmake arrived finally and works as advertised.

Having said all of that ,I too have had some accuracy concerns and issues no fault of the checkmaker. See my thread on Gas checks coming off at the muzzle for more info.

I have a lot more testing to do on this issue.

Boolit Master
    I ordered a 44cal checkmaker almost a month now,but I do realize he is a one man shop and I bet there are a ton of orders waiting with this big surge in reloading interest.I will wait ,but checking my email everyday hoping to get the notice it's been shipped
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Grand Master
    I recently ordered two PB GC makers from Pat. He was apologetic about the wait but I told him to ship other orders ahead of mine as I was in no big hurry as I am in the middle of a move.

I have not used the tools yet but they look good. He is 100% in my book so I would not worry about his ability to deliver a quality product even if he is busy. It is worth the wait and I like to support our own.

Boolit Buddy
    I ordered a check maker 6 weeks ago. Still waiting. He does respond quickly to email. I'll withhold judgement until I get the tool.

Boolit Buddy

Been right at 8 weeks now for my order, but I understand he has had some mechanical replacements required and is trying hard to catch up.

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Boolit Master
    seated with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
    i would like to buy one, but with the indeterminate delivery time i just decided it would be easier to do the research and make my own...

Boolit Master

Submitted my order for 35 cal PB about middle of March.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Master
    Just received my USPS Email that my 44 Checkmaker dies have been shipped today.Should be here in a few days.
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Master

I ordered a .30 cal Checkmaker at the beginning of March and got shipping confirmation today. I also have a new mould and handles on the way. To top it off, I am awaiting delivery of a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911. Christmas has officially become a springtime holiday! I be one excited boy waiting for his new toys!

Love all mine, they were worth the wait
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

You may want to contact Pat and ask him what kind of delay you can expect.
    Took him months to get mine shipped, and when he did ship it part of it was missing.
    I contacted him about the missing bits and after scratching his head as to how it happened he shipped the missing bits and I had them in about 10 days here in Australia.
    Since then I have made several thousand checks and they do seem to have improved accuracy a little and have certainly cut down leading by a huge margin.
    I use my 357 Marlin as my rifle silhouette gun and push a 175 gr bullit at 1750 fps with one of Pats diapers stuck to their butts and I can clean the barrel with 4 - 5 patches after an 80 round match.
    Hard work made me what I am today,
    Broken and broke
    Bob

Boolit Mold

Worth the wait

It took about a month for the dies to get here, (20 working days) all is well. Now I need to find time to use them.

Sorry for posting in 3 different threads about this.... To those of you who have the PB 45 cal check maker, what materiel can you use? can you use something as readily available as a soda can or do you have to buy a certain type of material? Does his plain base check maker work on .460 PB boolits? and to those who have his 44 cal one, will it fit .432 PB boolits?

Thanks for any info,

Doc

Boolit Master
    Hi Doc,

Pop cans are what the PB checkmakers are designed for - work fantastic !!!
    As to the "460" - I use the 45PB for .454 45 ACP and 435 Colt and .458 for 45/70 , so I'd say yes.
    Same for the 44 - will prob work also
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

i orderd my 30 cal check maker in january then the first of june i am talking to a guy on another forum about how i couldnt wait , he informed me that he order was placed about 6 weeks ago and he has his die.. i scratched my head then wrote pat a email ... he explianed that my pre paid order had found its way into the un paid folder , so after 5 months i finaly get my die and it will not thread into my lee press or lyman or my brothers rcbs . out of spec is my only guess seems to large in diameter .. ive written pat and explianed what was wrong im awaiting a reply , but as of right now im a 3 days away from a month long shooting trip and have no checks for my boolits... really really bummed .. im hopeing all his customer reveiws are correct when they say pat will do what he can to make things right.. this is my first expierence with pat and its kinda been a rocky road . anybody else ever ran into this problem?

Boolit Master

I've got three Checkmaker dies from Pat, 2 PB CheckMakers, and the 30 cal CheckMaker. My 30 cal die had a screwed up starting thread and didn't fit in my Lee press. I used to work as a pipe fitter in the oil fields and so I just cleaned up the threads using a tool file. I wrote to Pat and he offered to fix it but I had already taken care of the problem. If you weren't so close to leaving on your trip I'd send you some checks to get you by until you got it fixed.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Bub
    I ordered mine march 18th,still waiting patiently...