Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebay mold prices

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Caster View Post
    When will all the madness end? Who knows. I go to fleabay for mere entertainment; cannot believe some of the mould prices that "idiots" are willing to pay. I believe the govt. is behind all this madness and frenzy buying. It's really bad when you can't even find any .22 rf. BC
    I have to agree I feel the government is a big part of this madness we are seeing. They are buying up ammo and I feel they are also blocking powder and other shipments.

Boolit Master

Criminy. Who would pay $100 for a mold available from retailers for $45? Easy - someone who:1 - Needed it BAD! 2. didn't know about the $45 availability; 3. A confererate who bid it too high and got caught; 4. whatever.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

I go there and look and realize there out of there minds!! I needed a couple of parts for reloaders I have and a Lubsizer. I ordered the parts from MEC and Lyman delivered to my door brand new for less then used on Ebay! There are shortages out there but if your on a tight budget like me or you don't want to feed into the frenzy. I've found that using the notifications on most sites work very good. Did this at Midway, FS reloading and Brownells. Need a few more this and that's but I refuse to pay double or triple the standard prices (can't do it anyway!).
    45 ACP because shooting more than once is just silly!!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Boolit Master
    There's still decent deals out there. You just have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I just picked up a 180g steel .40 cal mold for $40. It's a custom build, so well see if the quality is there but if it makes a halfway decent boolit, $40 ain't bad at all in is market.

Boolit Buddy
    Amazon gets a pretty pe.ny on some of their molds too.
    "Failure to prepare is preparing to fail" - Benjamin Franklin

I'm kicking myself for noy buying a 170-180 gr rn 30 caliber mold earlier. 6 months ago I probably could have got a used 2 cavity for $40-$45.... Now they are going for $85-$100..................

Fortunately I am able to borrow a Mec for 410........... I load a couple thousand at a time in exchange for a couple hundred for the press owner...................

Boolit Buddy
    Ebay basically let me trade two Lee molds I didn't use anymore for my first Mihec mold. Ask me how bummed I am about that deal

Boolit Master
    Heck, I have one(1) Lee mold on there that looks like it is going to pay for two (2) Mihec molds!! Insane, but I am not complaining!

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    2 weeks ago a Lee 6 cav Bator sold for over $200.00. Last week another one went for $192.00.

Patience is truly GOLDEN. Mid south will have them back shortly for $38.00.

Can you be patient and save $160.00?

Even at todays prices the savings will buy 4K of primers or ? # of lead to cast ? thousand boolits when your new mould arrives.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dagger dog View Post
    I really shouldn't rant 'cause I just made what I think was a good buy on EBay, but there is just this little voice in the back of my mind that is telling me,the owner of the object at an online auction could be boosting the bid himself.

I know it can happen at a face to face auction and probably does, but bidding is kind of an adrenaline rush to me, and I've found I have to limit myself and accept the fact I may not be able to own said object (something that usually relates to casting,reloading or firearms)!
    Pretty tough to boost your bid on eBay without getting into legal trouble. They track not only users, but also ISP addresses to determine who is bidding on what.
    God gave us music that we might pray without words

Boolit Master
    Dang! I have a single-cavity Lee .30 cal 200 gr. that I haven't used in years. Maybe I need to see what it's "worth"...and to keep up with the other sellers in their description of single and double cavity Lees "comes with free handles!"
    God gave us music that we might pray without words

Boolit Grand Master
    I suppose that my feeling is that I don't care what people pay for moulds on EBay. It isn't my money so why would I care?
    Fools who pay too much aren't just on EBay and aren't just buying moulds. Idiocy abounds, I just ignore it.

Boolit Bub
    You used to find some good deals on there until "The Panic"

Boolit Master
    I had offered to sell the handles to the winner for $15 and since the sell price for the mold was good, I just gave the handles in the box with the mold. With the money from the mold i brought some handles from Milhec here and a few other items plus the Colt ar bolt that was for sell here.

So everybody got something.

Quote Originally Posted by xacex View Post
    I watched that one and wondered if it was someone here! I listed my 6 up used bator right after yours closed. Started at 39.99$ and has gone up to 72$ in a couple of days. I was so lazy I snagged your title. Watched Frozone sell a 6 up 120 grain 9mm TC for 102$ and some change. Not a bad payday if you ask me. I am selling my Lee molds to pay for my Mihec molds. Listing a 9mm 6 up 120g TC, and a 45acp 200g TC, and anything else I can find that I don't use anymore. 40 molds, dies ect.

Edit: Up to 81$ now. Gary, you did good at 192.50$! Did you sell the handles too?

I am going to have to do some free PIF's on here to keep me from feeling dirty selling on fleabay.

Boolit Master
    Whats worse, paying $100 for a 6up mold or $100 for 500 boolits. At least with the 6up mold you can keep in supply of boolits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Water Bill View Post
    2 weeks ago a Lee 6 cav Bator sold for over $200.00. Last week another one went for $192.00.

Patience is truly GOLDEN. Mid south will have them back shortly for $38.00.

Can you be patient and save $160.00?

Even at todays prices the savings will buy 4K of primers or ? # of lead to cast ? thousand boolits when your new mould arrives.

Boolit Master
    This is getting retarded! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lee-Rifle-Ba...-/281078609634

If you have one of these sitting around I think it is time to let it go.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

As I've said before, it an auction, he who wants it most spends the most money, the guy in second place is nothing more than the first looser.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    Alright, who's yanking my chain Someone on here bidding it up? Looks like I will be including some Lee handles as well.

Boolit Master
    I was robbed. Mine only went for $192 and was new. Yours is used and much higher price.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    I was robbed. Mine only went for $192 and was new. Yours is used and much higher price.
    You did NOT show a battle scarred well used RARE pre smoked mould.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.