Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is something wrong with me???

Boolit Master
    "Is there something wrong with me?"

obviously not a married man, or you wouldn't think of asking such a question?
    "The trick is to stop thinking of it as 'your' money" (Tax Auditor)

Life is not waiting for the storm to subside, life is about learning to dance in the rain.

Boolit Buddy
    No need to apologize for loving a gun made out of steel!

Nothing wrong with you its just you have an eye for style. My wife married me because I have six inch Colt Pyton she loved to shoot. We have been together for twentysix years now. No one ever said " that a beautiful Glock may I hold it?

Boolit Grand Master

Is something wrong with me???

Yes there is, didn't you get the memo? What is wrong with you is that you are perfectly normal and normal isn't permitted in twenty first century America, you must read the memo's.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Ha-ha! Sounds like your saying only us dinosaurs are the ones who like revolvers?? I have never been much of an auto-pistol guy, preferring revolvers since my teens. Still get funny looks at the range from some of the "mall ninja" types when I pull out some round guns, but most of those looks and comments pretty much cease when I paste a few one-inch groups up on my targets!! har-har. Someone else mentioed not having to "police your brass" as well. It's a plus, to be sure.

So enjoy your ailment. A LOT of us do!
    A government that robs from Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

Banned

get the fever like i do and you have to have the all and are never satisfied with whats in the safe. Single actions double actions. auto loaders, single shots, rifles shotguns. Its seems like i allways have a deal going on something.

Every time I fire a semi-auto after having been shooting my revolvers for a while, my first reaction to all that shuckin and jiving in my right hand is "Holy Cow! The gun's falling apart on me!"

Never had an auto that had a trigger like my Smith & Wessons. Not even close!

Never had an auto that would shoot as accurately as my Colt Officer's Model will.

Never had an auto that didn't have to have the load regulated exactly right to make it go bang a second time.

Never had an auto that would shoot the same cartridges as a lever-action. (Well, ok, but .22 rimfire don't count.)

Never had an auto that fired a cartridge I would trust to kill deer.

Conversely:

Never had a revolver that would stovepipe. Or fail to go into battery.

Never had a revolver that needed a "safety"

Never had a revolver that you had to carry "cocked and locked" to bring it to action quickly.

Never had a revolver that made me search for the brass in the weeds or the snow.

Never felt I needed 18 cartridges. Six .357s is at least equal to 18 x 9mm.

Never had a revolver break its' extractor in the middle of a string.

Never had a revolver that I was just itchin' to get rid of.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    I shoot my 1911's because I have to, I shoot my Colt SAA's because I want to. Then some people bring their 1911's to cowboy matches. We call them "bottom feeders."

How can you love a Glock when it doesn't have hammer? Let alone a cylinder.

Boolit Master

I guess I'm really an anachronism, I don't even care for stainless steel revolvers!

How can you love a Glock when it doesn't have hammer? Let alone a cylinder.
    I liked that!
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Grand Master
    If it ain't round, it ain't right.
    I am pushing sixty so hard that if this was Pennsylvania I'd already have a ticket, and I love round guns. In my youth, I was sold on the 1911 by Jeff Cooper, but when I became an adult, I quickly found that revolvers were cheaper to feed, cheaper, more widely available, and I didn't have to chase brass. Plus, you had be more stupid with a revolver than with a semi-auto to shoot yourself. For a given dollar, to the capacity of the cylinder, it's darned hard to beat a revolver. (And John Wayne with a bottom feeder? Don't be silly).
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    And John Wayne with a bottom feeder? Don't be silly.
    Now that's funny. I can't even imagine that picture in my mind.

Rick
    "The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

Boolit Master
    That is good to hear. It is a lot easier to keep track of my brass, plus most of my revolver brass is harder to come by( .32 H&R, 41 mag, 45 colt).

Boolit Master

I am kinda old fashioned. I like the frame of my firearms to be steel. I don't know of anyone making a revolver with a plastic frame. When it comes to Tupperware, It should be used to store your leftovers til the next meal.

Boolit Grand Master

Let's see, I'm the same way, but to be accurate - John Wayne in The Sands of Iwo Jima or in The Green Beret's - bottom feeders I believe.

I always thought that preferring a revolver marked one as a handloader!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    Single actions and 1911's. Does it get any better? Then there are the lever guns, bolt guns, single shots, shotguns.............

Old time aviators had a saying - "Real airplanes have round engines"

So, lets adjust that and say "Real pistols have round magazines".
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    when i was 21 my first centerfire pistol was a colt combat comander in .45. it was a great pistol wish i still had it.now this was when .45 surplus was 7.50 a hundred or 5.00 for corrosive. i used to carry it with me on the tractor to shot groundhogs. would lose the brass all the time. so i got a ruger .357 b-h. never lost any brass after that.

Boolit Master
    "I guess I'm really an anachronism, I don't even care for stainless steel revolvers!"

fecmech, you are not alone. When Moses came down from the mountain with the tablets, he had one that said -And firearms shall be made of carbon steel. Thou shalt not make firearms of stainless steel, and plastic is right out.

I remember the Commandments but do covet the firearms of others sometimes.

Boolit Master
    I love me some revolvers, too.

SA or DA, doesn't matter. They are just what a handgun should be. I like them blued or stainless and even have one in nickle.

To be honest, I do have some semi-auto handguns. One Springfield Armory (blued) 1911A1 in .45ACP (just the way God told John Moses Browning to make it), a Colt Combat Commander 1911 (nickle) in .45ACP and a German Luger vet bring-back from WWII (the Big One).

At last count, there were some 40 handguns around the estate and those are the only ones that aren't revolvers. And there are NO plastic guns hereabouts.

I have a love affair with my blackhawks/vaqueros. Solid, quick reliable and they just feel right. I own 2 1911's, but trust my revolvers more. They get into your blood. The only weapon I own who's basic design is not over 100 years old is an AK47 ( but it has proven itself to be rugged and reliable as the others) I shot it rarely--- Its simply a worst possible case weapon. I have to force myself to carry one of my 1911 as a carry gun. I am slightly faster with it in a string of five, it reloads slide lock to first shot on steel in about 2.5 seconds and shoots a real load... I feel like a cheating husband! Within 3-4 days I will again be packin' a 4 5/8 Blackhawk or more often a 3 1/2 inch birdshead vaquero in 45 acp-- slower to reload by 3x easily... so I have the same sickness
    Jason