Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: Oh great , more lead

Oh great , more lead

I had my weekly indoor pistol league shoot last night and the owner told me I need to get all those buckets of lead scrap from the backstop out because he needs to fill them up again. .10c/lb and right now there is 4 five gallon pails. And he will fill up another 4(he wants half of one for sinkers) The copper jackets more than paid for the last pails I got and those were at a higher price. I am basically getting paid to get rid of for him. Anybody need range lead?

ps I have sent 2 samples in to get anylized for content, so I will have a good idea on alloy.
    sent via hammer and chisel

need oversized powder funnels , PTX's or expanders ? just ask, I make 'em for most brands plus my own styles.

Boolit Master

You will have no problem getting rid of that lead. Glad to see things working out for you.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Master

40super,

You poor, poor guy! I feel so bad for you!...NOT!
    Jon

The funny things was that I was planning on the "typical" $25-$30 / bucket, which is normaly 130lbs or so. He offered it so who am I to disagree ! It probably has more to with the fact that I buy powder and primers from him( he is within $2 of Powder Valley before shipping), this is one reason I do try to buy local as long as within reason.
    I'm going to make a bigger pot since I have almost 1000lbs of pure along with this 500-600(for now). My spring time is now all booked up.

I know some are waiting for that pure already. Got their names saved, any others that would want to "place an order" for spring for either alloy? No money till it is ready to ship. Normal going price. This will help push me to get it done.

need oversized powder funnels , PTX's or expanders ? just ask, I make 'em for most brands plus my own styles.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Super View Post
    Anybody need range lead?

ps I have sent 2 samples in to get anylized for content, so I will have a good idea on alloy.
    Is this a serious offer? Smelted? PM me a price on 2 flat rate boxes if you're serious.

Rob

Boolit Master
    Certainly seems to be feast or famine. I too have a source far to good for my needs, and have therefore worked out a deal with a commercial caster to take the copious excess.

Good problems to have!

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like a great deal!

It came out to 523lbs for the first 4 buckets, so it should end up with another 500lbs in a bit. Didn't think I would be able to have over a ton of lead sitting around. I could hoard, but I know I'll get more and just don't have that mindset of "more, more, more".

Boolit Master

How far is 1/2 mile from nowhere to here?
    Every shot you get in life counts

About 1800 miles, unfortunately. Wisconsin