Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: "Hulk Smash" form of Casting

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by williamwaco View Post
    No that is not a joke!

You-Tube has dozens of videos just that bad.

You guys that know what you are doing can have a lot of fun over there watching those idiots - but beginners really should stay away from You Tube.

To be fair, there are also some excellent videos. The beginner can't determine what is legit and what is pure idiocy.

Yep, I've seen some annealing videos that made me cringe to think someone might actually use that brass.

Boolit Master

I guess I missed this one the first time around. Jeez, I thought I poured a fatty sprue puddle. I got nothin on this guy !! I didn't think
    that "powder measure" was ever gonna finish throwing a charge ! Gotta say one thing - he has all the gadgets... Mike
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by zxcvbob View Post
    I tried to leave comments a year or two ago, but they never were "approved" and posted.
    You just answered your own question!

I have an account and my comments were never "approved" either.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Boolit Master

Another reason never to borry ammo from people you don't know
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Buddy

Somebody "Really..... Really" needs to talk to this guy. Right off the bat........No Gloves?????? The next few minutes of the video I kept expecting him to burn himself. I also kept wondering if he was wearing flip-flops.

You know, he may have been reloading for many years and just decided to start casting a short time ago. But jeeesh man, he could ask somebody if he didnt want to buy a book!

I guess I am just too OCD. Any time I've wanted to learn something, I do research, search out people who have experience, find sites like this one, find friends or try to make friends with someone with experience to help me out. Buy manuals, compiled notebooks with info, & joined forums. Hell, it took me over a year of lurking here and working with a buddy before I even attempted to start my first melting of ww's just to make ingots on my own, and then try my first attempt at casting.

The thing that REALLY.... REALLY scares me about that video?? Just like some have already stated......there are people commenting and thanking him and saying they learned something and are going to try casting themselves. I just hope the ones who said this, will try to do some research, and not make some of the same mistakes.
    One of the greatist delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.- Thomas Reed (1886)
    "The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not."-Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty's Retired View Post
    Somebody "Really..... Really" needs to talk to this guy. Right off the bat........No Gloves?????? The next few minutes of the video I kept expecting him to burn himself. I also kept wondering if he was wearing flip-flops.

Thats what got me!! I see him loading that weight in and im like.. "AAAUUUGHHHHH get away from that with no gloves on!!! I kept waiting for him to dump it all over himself!!! OK.. so Im a newbee... never casted [yet] and have yet to load my own round[yet] but have been studying up, and slowly buying the needed gear. I know to put the hammer down!!! Steel hammer on a alloy mold?? BAD IDEA. I gotta say I DO like that powder mesure though!!! Ive never seen one before, and thats kinda trick!! I have a old Lyman 55 though, and it will probably do just as well...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by s1120 View Post
    Ive never seen one before, and thats kinda trick!! I have a old Lyman 55 though, and it will probably do just as well...
    Stay with the 55, it's faster and IMHO better unless you plan to load really long stick powder.
    GSSF RSO
    NRA RSO
    DU

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

These are the times that try men's souls.
    Thomas Payne

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by P.K. View Post
    Stay with the 55, it's faster and IMHO better unless you plan to load really long stick powder.
    Oh ya, no way would I spend the cash that thing must cost!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by theperfessor View Post
    Couldn't watch past the second use of a ball peen hammer on a Lee aluminum mold. From the other poster's comments here I assume it got worse from that point. I just couldn't take any more of it.
    Same here. When I saw the hammer, I thought "Sweet mother of Jaysus, he's got a HAMMER!" When he tapped the cutter open with the handle, OK, at least he's not beatin' on the cutter with the hammer head. When he hit the top of the mold with the hammer, I stopped the video and ran away.

Boolit Buddy
    Took up casting after the whole staind glass hobby didn't work out....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by s1120 View Post
    Took up casting after the whole staind glass hobby didn't work out....
    My wife took up stained glass.
    My dog used stain carpets.
    Me, I cast bullets and sometimes make tinsel....
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...