Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Tapered sizing die

Boolit Master

Tapered sizing die

Does any one know who makes tapered sizing dies.... They are not used for lubing just tapering the nose so you can load out to a longer OAL... I think they would also be helpful reducing the nose dia. on grooved boolits to be used as PP boolits..... Mr. Eagan made such dies but has passed away...
    Thanks,
    Mike

Grouchy Old Curmudgeon

RCE maybe

Boolit Buddy
    TRy this guy .Hes good . http://sizingdie.com/

Boolit Buddy
    I purchased this one a few days ago -

LYMAN RCBS type tapered lube sizer die .321 .320 .319
    eBay Item number: 230151029225

Custom made Lyman type die for the cast bullet lube / sizer. The mouth of the die is .322 inches. It has 5 interlaced over size lubrication holes 3 on one side and 2 on the other and will work in RCBS LAM, Lyman nos. 45, 450 and 4500. It was designed to lube and size 323366 type bullet with a short bearing surface of say 3/8 inch driving bands. When pressed to below the bottom hole the sizing is .319 in., 2nd hole .320 1st hole .321 so that the taper was .003 in. over 1.2 in length. Die body is highly polished heat treated tool steel ( W-1). Its weight is about 4 oz. USPS first class mail to Europe only is the only reasonable shipping cost at about $12.00.

I have purchased several H&I dies made by this seller in the 9.3mm range. He does good work at a reasonable price.

Hope this helps, Bob
    Last edited by porkchop bob; 07-19-2007 at 05:42 PM.

Boolit Master

Mr. Egan was the only source that I know of.

Any good machinist with a Sunnen grinder can knock one out.

The Egan die I have is a .30T and has a 1.5 degree taper. Very handy for squeezing the noses down on oversize bullet designs.

If you venture into this area, insure that you make a smooth die with no lube holes or the bumped lead will flow into the holes and makes a "mell of a hess" to straighten out./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    Thanks to all that replied...I'll check out your leds..

bealge...
    You are right, they are handy dies to have... I also have a Egan 30T to reduce to nose dia. on a Lee 200gr boolit to use in my Ruger 7.62 X 39 bolt action....I will see if the machine shop here has a Sunnen grinder (what ever that is ).....
    cheers