Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: $300 Life Membership to the NRA deal

Boolit Mold

I got mine today and it took less then 5 minutes. I should have done it the last time they had this offer. What I really should have done was get it for my grandkid. I'll be lucky to get 10 years out of it. But its for a good cause.
    Bob

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by yobohadi View Post
    That was 40 years ago...
    Well, for some of us, 40 years ago does not seem like that long...

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by CWME View Post
    Do we know if this number is "real" so to speak. The # posted here is different than the # posted on the NRA's website for membership renewals etc.
    If it's not real, then whomever is running it has access to the NRA database because they knew the name that I had used on my previous NRA membership. I had used my dog's name on it so that I would know if they sold my name to any of the other junk mail initiators. After I got the new membership number, I was able to log onto the NRA website. As such, I would have to say that it is legit.

Boolit Master
    As a current member I received a mailer with offers to upgrade my membership to Patron and give Life memberships as I wished (and could afford). The amount ($300) is correct. Obviously I have an offer which requires a current member to put the membership in. It seems like this is a legit offer, even though it doesn't require a current member to do it. And I get the NRA Alerts pretty much daily. If there were a scam going on, I'm sure there'd be an alert about it.

Ed

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by txnative1951 View Post
    Well, for some of us, 40 years ago does not seem like that long...
    I hear that. Then again sometimes it does, depends on what we're talking about. 45 years of marriage - sometimes it seems like yesterday, sometimes forever.

Boolit Buddy

Just wanted to say thanks, upgraded today when I came in for lunch, 5 min and done. Real nice guy on the line, very painless, thanks again.

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Ed in North Texas View Post
    I hear that. Then again sometimes it does, depends on what we're talking about. 45 years of marriage - sometimes it seems like yesterday, sometimes forever.
    Awh, 'ell... I've known women where even ONE year of marriage would have seemed like FOREVER.

Boolit Buddy

Awh, 'ell... I've known women where even ONE year of marriage would have seemed like FOREVER.
    HA, how you know my ex wife ?

Boolit Buddy
    I took advantage of this great offer today but after having read of the experiences of others, I was not as impressed with the woman who handled my upgrade. To be specific, at no time did she ask for or record my NRA number even though I asked several times if she wanted it. At that point I suspected that it might be possible that I'd be issued a second NRA number so I requested that she clarify whether or not I would keep my present NRA number or if they were going to issue a new number. She did not know the answer to my question and had to put me on hold while she consulted her supervisor. When she came back on the line she said that I would be keeping my original NRA number although she still did not request that number. Hopefully this upgrade to Life Member will be recognized by the NRA and will be associated with my present membership so that my number will not change. Having said this, I must say that even with these delays the entire transaction probably took less than 10 minutes so I was quite satisfied with this great deal.

sleeper1428

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by CWME View Post
    Do we know if this number is "real" so to speak. The # posted here is different than the # posted on the NRA's website for membership renewals etc.
    Sorry, I didn't answer this earlier, it is a legitimate number, basically requested by Tom Gresham from Guntalk radio and TV, here is the post in his newsletter where he explains that the NRA gave him a number to give out that is tied to his NRA number so he is your sponsor for the $300 life membership deal:

http://guntalk.com/site51.php

A QUARTER-MILLION NEW NRA MEMBERS
    This morning I talked with the head of membership at the NRA and discovered that over the last month nearly a quarter-million people have joined. That's why you can't get your phone call answered at HQ, and why it takes so long on hold. That's good news, of course.

To avoid the waits, you can join or buy gift memberships through our link (we even arranged a discount for you) over at our website, www.guntalk.com. Just look for the "Join The NRA" logo at the lower left. I get a commission on each membership purchased through that link, and I donate 100 percent of that to the Second Amendment Foundation. So, when you buy an NRA membership this way, you are also contributing to the SAF.

The NRA also has a special promotion for a huge discount on life memberships. Regularly it's $1,000, but this promotion lets you buy a life membership for only $300. The key is that you must be invited by a current life member.

Hey! No problem. I'm a life member, and I'm inviting you. We even found a way around the long wait times. This phone number is only for folks who have been invited by me. That's all of you! Just call 1-888-678-7894. You don't even need my life member number, because that phone number is linked to my number. There is no commission on this, but it's a heck of a deal. Only 300 bucks for a life membership. Might as well buy one for you and each of your children. Talk about a lifetime gift!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ed in North Texas View Post
    Don't be a "drive by", give us chapter and verse of exactly which laws the NRA prompted Congress to pass, what years, what the trade-offs might have been, etc.

Ed
    Interesting conversation between the Texans.

I think I read the founders of the NRA did so not only for marksmanship, as noted in the Atlantic piece, but also to permit the freed blacks from the civil war to receive equal treatment by allowing them access to guns. It is also instructive to review the events and the result of the NRA's work in the 60's and 70's because the organization's focus was changed and the colonial meaning of 'regulated' [TRAINED not legislated] became paramount [the Atlantic article missed that].

And in the wake of the recent events, they were the only organization to present an actionable plan to protect our children in gun free zones and to offer to train those willing to do so.

History is worth reviewing or else you will be obliged to repeat it (my misquote).

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    Do they ask for your NRA membership # when you call them? I've misplaced my card somewhere....
    Visit SnydersJerky.com and use code "boolit" for 10% off!

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Boolit Buddy
    I did it - it's legit. Once I was a life member, I got two more knuckleheads to join as life members, so we're at 250,003 in the last month!
    CARPE DIEM!.......

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunload Master View Post
    Do they ask for your NRA membership # when you call them? I've misplaced my card somewhere....
    Your membership # is on the shipping label of your hunter/rifleman magazine.

Boolit Master

This is a very good offer. If I wasnt already a life member I would jump at it!
    "with liberty and justice for all"...must be 18 or older, not available in all states, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply. D. Stanhope

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason Co-author of the Second Ammemdment

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by km101 View Post
    This is a very good offer. If I wasnt already a life member I would jump at it!
    You can upgrade to an Endowment member for $250 with this deal as well I believe.

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    Wow.. that was an easy phone call. Great guy! I'm now a lifer.
    Visit SnydersJerky.com and use code "boolit" for 10% off!

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Just became a life member

Boolit Master

Wish I knew they were running this offer before I paid for a 1yr membership.

Boolit Master

I'd renew for life but I'm paid through 2023 and I'll be 81 then. I'd like to live long enough to make it a good deal but the odds are against me.

Bob
    Si hostes visibilis, etiam tu