Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Georgia range gets liquor liscence

Boolit Grand Master

Georgia range gets liquor liscence

Just saw a report that a private indoor range in Georgia has been granted a liquor liscence by the city.

Am I the only one that sees this as a bad choice? I just don't think alcohol and guns mix well.

Boolit Master

I'll bet there will be LEO's just waiting to see you home too.
    You get a big fine for DUI and loose you gun too. Yea, good idea.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    Just saw a report that a private indoor range in Georgia has been granted a liquor liscence by the city.
    Am I the only one that sees this as a bad choice? I just don't think alcohol and guns mix well.
    For consumption on the premesis or sale of container spirits? Not that it matters, just curious. Neither one makes any sense.

in Remebrance
    I for one will never be seen there. Got absolutely nothing against an evening "toddy", have a few myself, but liquor and gunpowder do not mix. I've had people come into my shop with a closed gun and reeking of beer, I tell them to come back with an open gun and stone cold sober, the fact that they seldom return bothers me not at all. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Bub
    We have always done things a "little" differently down here, but this has got to be Darwin at its finest.

Boolit Master
    one time i went to a b-p match in md. they had beer in the soda machines every third relay they called a beer break. and then they wondered why us 4 guys from pa. cleaned their clocks. we only went their 2 times never again.
    there was a club in pa. that was little better then a drinking club. they even called out the beer truck to stock the wall cooler on a sunday. one member said if they stopped the drinking they would lose half their members.

Boolit Grand Master
    Matches and gunpowder.............

Whiskey and guns.................

Neither mix.

Boolit Master

I can't imagine anyone in their right mind thinking this is a good idea. Handling firearms requires common sense and a clear mind. At our lease, when the beer comes out, the firearms are put up. No handling of them, period. I see people drinking during the day at the lease, and I make sure I'm well away from them. At a range? A good script for disaster.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

Surely the bar opens only after the range closes????

I swear officer, he had a bulls eye on his head! GEEZE! Man, if your Indain, you better stay away from that range.
    I would like a little lube with my OBAMA CARE!

Boolit Grand Master

At the National Matches in Switzerland the beer gardens open a couple of hours before the matches. They run a couple of hundred thousand shooter through without a problem.

At least half of the trap clubs that I know of sell beer on site. That probably 70 clubs. Again no problems.

In moderation and after the guns are put away what’s the issue?

Boolit Bub
    saves on labor cost for the ATF

one stop complience inspections

what is it called......''BEER AND BULLETS''

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    At the National Matches in Switzerland the beer gardens open a couple of hours before the matches. They run a couple of hundred thousand shooter through without a problem.

At least half of the trap clubs that I know of sell beer on site. That probably 70 clubs. Again no problems.

In moderation and after the guns are put away what’s the issue?
    +1. Have we all lost the ability to control ourselves?
    Does a drink after a shoot mean we all end up in a drunken brawl, or DUI?
    Gentlemen behave like gentlemen.
    Best,
    Mike

NRA Life Member
    Remember Ira Hayes

Boolit Master

My local club sees a fair deal of beer consumed on the property. I swear some of the members only come to shoot off their mouths and shoot pool. No alcohol is sold there, it's all BYOB but everyone is sensible about it. The guns are stowed before the beers come out, and I don't see anyone that shouldn't get behind the wheel to head home.

I don't mind cracking a beer and BSing with the guys after I shoot at all.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

A club I belong to has a bar and serves beer & wine. I solve the problem 2 ways, 1. I don't drink, 2. I leave before the bar opens in the evening. Gets me off the range before anything happenes, and off the road before the rest head for home.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

If the club is NRA affiliated, there has to be a rule that says something like "you drink, you do NOT shoot". I can't quote chapter and verse, but it's in the NRA requirements to be a NRA certified range/club.

My private gun club has to abide by that rule to stay affiliated with the NRA. If you come to shoot don't hoist a beer first. If you do, you will be asked to come again another day. There's simply a fridge with various brands of beer in them. Along with soda. If you want a mixed drink, you can bring your own.

We have our share of members who haven't shot on the ranges for many years. Seldom are seen with a gun. But, they're there every weekend and every wed night. One even keeps a tight schedule. He's there promptly at 1:00 pm, leaves at exactly 2:30. The only thing he shoots is his mouth.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

“At the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”--Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master

That just don't make no sense. Common sense would tell you..... never mind , what's common sense got to do with anything anymore.

gary

Boolit Master
    there is hardly a private range in Wisconsin with a club house that doesn't have a bar

drinking was a way of life , but most clubs do ask that you don't drink till your done shooting

often the bar is as much for the meetings as for , fund raisers and dinners

it is quite common to shoot trap league and have a beer in the club house after , many clubs have fish fries , some even open to the pubic (to eat not shoot) on Friday nights and have a house cook and that and the bar supports the range

i was at a range in central Wisconsin with a bar a week ago , it had an indoor archery range they use the archery range as a meeting hall , they also had leagues several nights of the week there is a sign that no drinking till your done shooting.

not sure i ever saw an archery club or gun club in Wisconsin that had a club house without a bar

maybe it is just the Wisconsin way of life beer is very accepted , many a church with a bar in the basement and a Friday night fish fry run by the members

our church has theology on tap , where the pastor meets up with whoever wants to come and have a theology talk over a beer at the local pub once a month

my dad was just telling me about the place he is getting his hair cut now , they have a bar next door and Tuesday nights you can get a beer with your hair cut , the waitress comes over and takes your order then brings back your beer while you wait for your hair cut they have a back door that connects the 2 businesses

actually that bar under previous management used to have an archery range in the back , but they remodeled it as a banquet hall a recently

people don't get fall down drunk every time they drink, most just have a beer or two with a meal , most everyone here been drinking since they were kids anyway

Boolit Master
    I do believe one of our local ones does too. Western Wayne County Conservation Club, has a bar. Correct me if I'm wrong. I was only there once as a guest, and not at the bar.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    As others have said as long as its done right whats the problem. Those of the you that have ranges at home do you not have booze at home. There are thousands of resposible shooters and drinkers in this country, that this would pose no problem. the idea of drinking and than shooting can be controlled. There are several private ranges where I shoot and they serve beer or drinks as long as you are done for the day. In the last 25 years that I know of there have been no incidents, it is policed by the members.
    Last edited by koehn,jim; 09-24-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    jim