Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why I'm still not making bullets

Boolit Buddy
    Just to 'close the loop', and give the devil his due:

After ANOTHER set of infuriating emails in which:
    1) Dave Corbin told me he had "refunded" my payment,
    2) AND that he NOW was telling me that he had no order for dies in his system,

I:
    1) checked my credit card records and PROVED that he had NOT refunded my payment, (The "refund" he referred to was a PREVIOUS order that he had ALSO told me was "ready to ship" and then told me "somebody else got it before you"), AND
    2) told him that he had had my money for two years, AND
    3) I resurrected ALL the correspondence from day one on the matter,

He:
    1) Grudgingly owned up to the FACTS that he had screwed up, AND
    2) moved me to "the front of the line" without telling me I had to pay twice the price.

I got the dies.

There was no apology. There was no acknowledgement of error except to tell his subordinates to makes the dies, and a package in the mail.

This is the whole story. Anyone interested in seeing the this second set of email exchanges, PM me.

Friends of Dave Corbin can "spin" the fact that I ultimately got my dies any why they want. The TRUTH is that I got the dies ONLY after I WAS FORCED to PROVE that he had taken my money and kept if for two years AND THEN DENIED THAT THERE WAS AN ORDER. The facts speak for themselves. Dave Corbin and his friends will be pleased to know that there are NO circumstances - "in stock and ready to ship" included - that could possibly cause me to do business with him ever again. I'd do without bullet swaging equipment before I'd do business with Dave Corbin again.

In EBay parlance, this post is the "negative feedback" for this business transaction.

Talk is cheap. Reality is: "You will know them by their fruit."

Paul

That must be the generic letter Corbin sends out to everyone, i have exactly the same thing from him, Mind you this was 7-8 years ago... And got exactly the same run around,2 months turned to 4, 4 to 8, 8 to 12... Then i was offered i could have the dies in like 3 weeks but they would cost me $1200 2.5 times what the original cost was... I even suggested why not put on 2-3 apprentice toolmakers, they cost bugger all and you usually get government assistance for taking them on.. End the end i went too RCE, and never looked back, And the latest ive ever been over due was 1 month... Ive also found him to be a great help, as he has worked hand in hand helping me with designs etc..... Im also looking forward to trying BTSnipers dies when he gets his Boat tail punches done..

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lathesmith View Post
    Whoa, ask a silly question--"how long will my order take?" and get an equally silly answer:

http://www.corbins.com/delivery.htm

This page squirms with enough catches, exceptions, and loopholes to make the most evasive lawyer or politician proud!

lathesmith

WOW!!!! I just read the link and all I can say is WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

....looks like 60 days .......and five minutes later.....about 90 days

All I see is 4,000 words of B.S.

Its like a long Resume............Bored after the first page...............................Time to chop some out and GET TO THE POINT

Surely even if he hired two more Toolmakers (In Australia most are only on $25 a hour) I personally dont believe he would loose money on them, not even close.. the number of dies he could make extra would surely only generate profit..... Hell, Even Blackmon turns out dies quicker... and hes a one man band and still works full time..

Boolit Master

Just buy from Richard. Heck, he was making them for his brother before he left. You can save a little coin and some frustration. That is ridiculous they way he treated it.
    "The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
    Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Bub
    Hi gents,

Over 2 years ago I ordered some dies and other stuff from D. Corbin (paid for the whole order). I recieved everything pretty fast except a lead wire extruder. I was informed it was on backlog.

Fair enough, so I asked updates every 6 months but still was told the item was on backlog.

Half year ago I ordered a few more items and a few months later was informed the items were ready to be shipped. I recieved them but still no lead wire extruder.

I mailed D. Corbin and then was told the extruder was already delivered in 2010 according to his records.... Luckily I still had the emails of him stating the extruder was backlogged. So he admitted his mistake and sent one free of S&H recently. That was nice but rather I'd have it 2 years earlier.

Chrs from the Netherlands,
    Bollocks