MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sights

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Boz330 View Post
    BTW I got a Brooks 40cal mold from you a couple years ago and that thing has really worked out well from my Badger barreled Ballard. Bob
    Bob, Thanks for letting me know that. Helps know who I am talking to. I bet we have friends in common.
    I am glad that mould got a great home. There are a few stories and background about that mould I won't hijack this with. OK, just a little hijack. Bullets out of that mould helped me win the Arizona State Silhouette championship a few years back when my other rifle's trigger sear went south and I used my 40-60 Maynard to finish the match.

Big Ted, So, you have a few good front sights to choose from and can give this a try. No problem there.

It won't ever be perfect for us old guys anymore but the game goes to those that can adapt and overcome. One of the grander old gentlemen that shoots these rifles in silhouette matches worked around floaters and cataracts and lens replacements ( he is in his later eights) and his determination and just plain refusal to give in, kept his scores in the high AAA-Master class and would win the occasional match....... with a big grin on his face.

Most people can shoot better than they think at first. They just need to slow down and really focus on the "centering up the target" task and NOT pull the trigger on a less than great sight picture.....even when you can not see picture perfect! All puns intended. Just find ways to work with what you have.

As you already know, just keep at it and don't give up trying. You are already well along the path. Singleshots with Black Powder is fun stuff!
    Chill Wills

Boolit Master

You shoot LRML as well don't you? My life long hunting and shooting buddy is Dick Hoff, with Kenn Heismann not far behind. Also shoot with Dave Munch. Got a Gibbs rifle couple months back and I'm working on learning that puppy.
    Good to hear that you have that mold trained so well. IIRC I shot my first clean at 300yds with it and many more since then. Have a match this weekend hopefully it will come through again.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Master

i got a blade sight for my sharp rifle. it will never be a target sight but i can see it. no way could i see a post even painted white. this rifle will be used for hunting mostly so im happy. it makes since because i can shoot my muzzle loader with a blade. and thinks for all the help ill keep it in mind for the next round.

Boolit Master

A little trick if it is a silver blade. Clean it with some fine steel wool before you go out and that thing will shine like downtown at night.

Bob

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Boz330 View Post
    You shoot LRML as well don't you? My life long hunting and shooting buddy is Dick Hoff, with Kenn Heismann not far behind. Also shoot with Dave Munch. Got a Gibbs rifle couple months back and I'm working on learning that puppy.
    Good to hear that you have that mold trained so well. IIRC I shot my first clean at 300yds with it and many more since then. Have a match this weekend hopefully it will come through again. Bob
    Ahaa yes, we do have a few friends in common. I would see them both in Oak Ridge and then Ken at he BPTR Nationals in Raton, which is next week. I wonder if he will be there this year?
    As you know, Dave has this great old Crown Graphic press camera (B&W) and would take neat looking pictures of the match.
    You also might know Woody from Friendship. He used to be here in Colorado.
    Gota go and make ready to for next week.
    Take care.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chill Wills View Post
    Ahaa yes, we do have a few friends in common. I would see them both in Oak Ridge and then Ken at he BPTR Nationals in Raton, which is next week. I wonder if he will be there this year?
    As you know, Dave has this great old Crown Graphic press camera (B&W) and would take neat looking pictures of the match.
    You also might know Woody from Friendship. He used to be here in Colorado.
    Gota go and make ready to for next week.
    Take care.
    Kenn won't be there but Dick is leaving in the morning to meet Ed and Arleen in Knoxville and ride out with them. Lee Shaver is having a clinic for the potential shooters on the US Team for the world meet next year in South Africa.
    Good Luck.

Bob