Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who is the best?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    ... NOE has it's own hollowpoint design and Accurate does as well and offers to modify Lee molds to his hollowpoint design. ...
    I just wanted to correct you on this statement. Currently Tom @ Accurate Molds doesn't make any hollow point moulds at all. You're thinking of Erik of hollowpointmold.com who doesn't actually make any moulds at this time, but offers custom hollow pointing of customer supplied moulds using either his 'inset bar' system (which works really well), or Cramer style hollow pointing, or even the old single cavity Lyman hollow points with the removable pin. He also recently started selling Lee 2 cavity moulds that he's converted to hollow points using a modified version of his inset bar system (the bar is aluminum to match the mould material rather than steel like he normally uses), and I have 2 of these moulds (the converted Lee moulds), and while they started out as Lee 2 cavity moulds, something many folks here find useless, after he converts them they're a dream to cast with! In fact I can cast faster with one of his converted moulds than I can with a standard Lee 2 cavity mould!

Now if you want a hollow point mould that is top of the line, you can get a brass mould from Accurate Molds (Tom makes some great moulds), then send it to Erik to have the hollowpointing added to it! Then you'll have the best of both mould, and hollow pointing, both done to your specs!
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by finishman2000 View Post
    any one of them.......except lee. i have turned down free lee molds.

H&G is the best, magma for my mastervaster have been perfect. saeco have been problem free except i'm not fond of their middle sprue plate mounting hole.
    I only buy steel molds as you can see. I plan to use my molds for another 20 years, some of my h& g are already 40 years old if not more, brass and aluminum are to soft for me.
    I'll be happy to take and pay the shipping on any Lee molds you would turn down for free!
    If enough pressure is applied, it'll go