Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: Too much lino? what to do...

Too much lino? what to do...

I think I have a ton & half of lino & small amounts of soft lead. I'm casting for 45acp pistols...so I could use straight lino to cast match bullets. Should I?

The only other option is trading for lead, but I don't want to ship. Between casters, why waste money shipping? Any members near central MO? I guess I could sell some lino, but I really don't want to ship and I still need softer lead.....

Any ideas...

thanks,

Chris G.

Boolit Master
    Buy lead from one of the online vendors here that sells soft lead? There was someone here selling large truckload lots of 98pb/2sb for a decent price.. Alloy Lino with that stuff and make the lino stretch out a bit..

Back when there was a lot of lino available, it is all I cast with because it cast so well. I used to get it free from the local print shop or paid as much as 25c/# delivered, wishi I had bought a lot more! Keep the lino & look for scrap lead sources. Range lead is a great mix w/ lino for any caliber, even 45acp. Mix it 3-1 lead/lino or 4-1 range lead/lino & enjoy.
    Last edited by fredj338; 04-06-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I understand about not wanting to ship but you could trade members here and get more weight per lino #. I wouldnt cast just strait lino. From what ive read here WW aloy is good for 45acp and you can get it for a lot cheaper. I have some tin i could trade for some of that lino if you needed any. Lino is one of the harder aloys to come by so be a lil stingey with it and dont just send it all down range right away.

L. Bottoms

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
    Range lead is a great mix w/ lino for any caliber, even 45acp. Mix it 3-1 lead/lino or 4-1 range lead/lino & enjoy.
    That's what I'd do.
    My Iraq Pics

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club

Yeah, if you want to trade some soft stick-on ww for linoe, drop a note I have 100# I could part with.