MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Bd45

Boolit Buddy

Bd45

Where could I find one of the BD45 molds? I have heard it can be had from somebody but I can't seem to find any information on who sells it.

Moderator Emeritus

it was available through BRP but he closed up shop awhile back. You might post in the want to buy section of Swappin as several runs of group buy have been done for that design and somebody might have one they are willing to part with.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wiljen View Post
    it was available through BRP but he closed up shop awhile back. You might post in the want to buy section of Swappin as several runs of group buy have been done for that design and somebody might have one they are willing to part with.
    It might be time to do another group buy...

Boolit Master
    I believe that Dan at Mountain Molds can cut this design, although he may ask you to use his software to order it. The drawings can be found here using search.
    BD

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BD View Post
    I believe that Dan at Mountain Molds can cut this design, although he may ask you to use his software to order it. The drawings can be found here using search.
    BD
    That's alittle pricey for my blood, I am battling between this design and hollowpointing a TC design for a hunting boolit in my 460 Rowland.

I don't know about the 460 Rowland, but I know my 454 shoots the 45BD like it was made for it.

In Remebrance

My 45's, both auto and revolver, love it. I was smart enough to buy 2 6 bangers out of the 1st run IIRC. If you ask you might get another GB going.

Boolit Master

I have one of the Lee group buy 6 cavity molds still in the box. The first time it ever came out of the box was a few weeks ago so I could verify what it was. If you want it, PM me.

Beau
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Master

Actually I too was interested in the BD45, but I think instead I'm going to buy a mould from Accurate Mold. His 45-250A is pretty close to the BD45, except that it slightly longer, and has a small step between the driving bands and ogive. Personally I like having that step, which is the reason I'm going with one of Tom's existing designs, if I wanted a mould exactly like the BD45 I would just email Tom a copy of the mould dimensions, and have him make me one of his brass beauties with 4 cavities. Nice thing about Accurate Molds, you get a new mould NOW, not next year (which would probably be the soonest if a new group buy was setup today).
    - MikeS

Want to checkout my feedback? It's here:
    http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/...d.php?t=136410

Boolit Master

Dan at Mountain should be able to make one as he made the original BD45 moulds./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Master
    Send Tom at Accurate Molds the old Group Buy drawing and you will have your perfect duplicate mold next week !

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master

It's been too long. How did the original BD45 differ from the BD45CM? I have the CM and love it. One of the first GB's I participated in.
    John
    W.TN