RepackboxLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: 22 rimfire derim die and punch

22 rimfire derim die and punch

In a couple of weeks I'm going to be needing a derimming die and a core mould for making .224 bullets from 22 rimfires. I think I have the core mould covered but need to find a derim die. I need one for a standard 7/8x14 press and a punch that fits a standard shellholder slot. Does anybody know where I can get one at a decent price?

Check out my home built de-rim die from a drill bushing and a 7/8 bolt in the thread I posted. Then take a look at BT's die. His are very nice, others are also available on e-bay regularly. Hawk someone or other.
    "let's go. He ain't hittin' nothin'.".... "You IDIOT, he's hit everything he's aimed at!"

I've made a simple de-rim plate from 1/4" steel. If you have a drill press, you can make the punch easily with a file and some wet-dry sandpaper.

My next round through, I'm stealing MightyThor's idea of using a drill bushing. I may continue to use the Drill Press for de-rimming, or I may insert it into some 7/8-14 threaded rod for a press.
    "Unnh, Negative. I am a meat popsicle."

Chuck

Boolit Master

I don't know what if this fits as a decent price at $150, but here is one from Hawk/Swage-it:

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Shooters-...=p4634.c0.m322

Quote Originally Posted by perotter View Post
    I don't know what if this fits as a decent price at $150, but here is one from Hawk/Swage-it:

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Shooters-...=p4634.c0.m322
    When you get this from Hawk you will find that it is a very nice die holder with a 7/32 drill bushing inside and a hardened punch also a flat washer and a piece of tubing cut to length. It works just fine.
    "let's go. He ain't hittin' nothin'.".... "You IDIOT, he's hit everything he's aimed at!"

Boolit Master

I picked up a used one a while back for a reasonable price. I didn't know that it used a drill bushing. And I don't have any other one compare it to. I've been find used swage dies around here, but I'm getting impatient trying to find a .224 point die.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for all the replies, I think I'll try to make one first. I have no machinery and even less skills so when I mess up I'll probably be getting one made from a member here.