WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teflon thread dope as patch?

Quote Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
    You have a 30-30 bolt action! Ooh, now that is something to dream of. Photo's! We need photo's.
    If you inslst:

Savage - Stevens 325B 30-30 Right side

Sav 325B Right side action

Sav 325B - stamped trigger guard and magazine

Sav 325B - Magazine and follower, top view

Sav 325B - Single lug bolt

Sav 325B - Bolt face with double claw extractor and ejector slot

Sav 325B- rear of action with bolt striker and safety

Sav 325B - Action Barrel Nut

Note ; this rifle LOVES PP and is loaded safely to +P for 30-30 Win ( I load close to Contender levels.)

There is a story that in 1946, Savage had a huge stock of 30 cal machine gun barrels that the government was NOT going to buy...so they put this rifle out using those barrels, by cutting off the chamber (reason the barrel is 21 inches) and used an adapter nut to join the action and barrel. My Mom bought this NEW in 1951 [Production was '47 to '50] at the hardware store at the age of 19 and is STILL using it to hunt with. She is the sole owner and only lets me shoot it to develop a new load for her... She told me tonight that she has shot 166 deer with it.

Plus a couple of Black Bear, some mountain sheep ( she did not need or want a 'magnum' flat shooter and was most emphatic about it), and somewhere between 30 and 35 feral hogs, and a uncounted but large number of javelina hog. And snakes, possums, coons, gar, etc. The stock finish is not original, I sanded all the dents out and refinished it in 1996.

PS - My Mom is and always has been AWESOME..... Pilot, scuba diver (and President for three years of the NASA Lunafins dive club), Jack of all trades (home remodeling, electrical, plumbing, car maintenance, etc), Gourmet Chef and cookbook co-author, deep water Sailor and my mountain backpacking companion...plus....

No wonder I never found a woman that was not intimidated......finding one like 'dear old Mom" would be a miracle...I keep looking for someone like Sarah Palin but all the good ones are taken or are so independent they 'don't need a man to be happy' which I hear a lot.
    Last edited by windrider919; 12-14-2011 at 02:40 AM.

You get the government you deserve.

Stay out of politics? Don't VOTE?

Do nothing and you deserve whatever the government does to you, your family's lives and all your futures.

PS - My Mom is and always has been AWESOME.....
    She sure is! Wow, what a woman!

Mom.

Thanks for the pics and the history.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Buddy
    TEFLON TAPE........ AARRGGH !! Developed nervous tics,slobbered a lot and developed a "Generalized Anxiety Disorder" trying to get them absolutely gorgeous little ladies to do me right. SShhh.... don't tell nobody.... Gotta go... the orderlies are coming to unchain me from this table and take me to breakfast.
    " The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him neither harm nor favor"