RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: .454 need to beg a couple

.454 need to beg a couple

of bullets sized to exactly .454. I've got a new rifle here and it is proving very difficult to get a good measurement on land to land. I think it is .454 but would sure appreciate a couple of bullets sized to that diameter just to check it. Softer lead would be best but I'm begging so not too particular.
    "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." Understand?

Boolit Mold
    I only have sizing dies of .451 & .452 or I'd be happy to send you a couple of boolits. I used a Hornady .457 lead round ball found at muzzleloader supply stores. I pushed it thru the bore from muzzle to breech with a hardwood dowel and then measured it with a micrometer. Worked great.
    Patriot to the Concept of a Nation that Owes its Greatness to the Liberties its People Demand

Thanks. I've slugged it twice now with oversized bullets but cannot get a good read on them. The lands aren't 180 degrees separated and that's giving me trouble. I'm fairly sure it is .454 but would like to have a known bullet in that size to double check before buying a sizer. It isn't that the sizer is that expensive, but I've already got enough stuff sitting around gathering dust.

I can say with absolute certainty it is over .452 since a .452 went through with no resistance. A near pure lead .457 took a short starter and some serious pounding to get it going. Think I have an extra .451 sizer so I may just slowly hone it out until I get something that works well.

Boolit Master

What caliber rifle and what bullet weight are you looking for ?

It's a .45 muzzleloader and I'm trying to get a good read on the land to land measure. .454 and a heavier weight pure lead would be ideal. But any .454 diameter would work. It's not to slug, it's to test fit as I think .454 is what it's going to take.

Nevermind guys, found a bullet that was sized to .454 in conical pile. Didn't think I had anything that size. Seems the bore is an RCH over but a .454 sizer will work.