Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: labels for ammo boxes

Boolit Master

labels for ammo boxes

I found a link out in the internet somewhere that had a PDF to print labels for ammo boxes. Has anyone tried this, and would they be willing to send me the pdf only without having to get the zip file? Just looking for the blank one, not caliber specific.

Thanks,
    Doug

Boolit Buddy
    I've done it and printed off a bunch of them but I had a computer crash and since lost the file. It worked well on store bought address blanks I had.

be

Boolit Master
    pm me your e-mail addy and I will shoot the pdf to you. Ed

Boolit Buddy
    I just use the Avery wizard in MS Word. You can print on real labels if you like or just plain paper, cut each one out, and put in box with ammo.

Boolit Master

Ed,

Thanks, I pm'd you with my email address.

Doug

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it

My ammo doesn't seem to stay in the cans long enough to put a label on the cans. I only load .45ACP, and .223. However I did make some labels, (worksheets) to go in the 1 gallon coffee cans to keep me updated with which step in the process they were, for about 8 to 10 cans at a time. Tumbled and clean, deprimed, re-sized, trimmed and beveled, primed. keeps me form repeating steps.

Boolit Master

I find scotch tape sticks a little better to my plastic ammo boxes that the sticker labels. I print labels on plain paper in Word (with the info I want) and then tape them on the boxes.

I get Berry's roll of lables, 100 labels per roll for $7.50, they work good , http://www.berrysmfg.com/product-i14...ta_Labels.aspx

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    It takes some time and patience but I like it.

Take a 3 X 5 card and cut out your letters. Now use the card as a mask and spraypaint your ammo can and ammo boxes to show the contents. Will not fade or wash off.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.

labels

I use a felt tip black marker on the top of each box. If the next load is different then one quick swipe with a rag that has mineral spirts brings the box back to new.
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Banned
    I set out to print labels for my boxes of loaded rounds.

This involved researching every label on the planet. Which involved a trip to the factory.

Then I set my records up in a database.

Which involved researching databases, and going back to school to study database theory.

Once I had my database designed, I started researching what I had been trained to call "database management systems."

I came quickly to the conclusion that, since most of the low end systems wouldn't support rationalization past the the third normal form, that there wasn't a convenient system, since it is theoretically possible for a construct made of bullet, brass, primer and propellent to require Bryce-Codd.

So I set out to write one.

This, of course, required another return to school, and learning how to code.

First came the basics, C and some other nightmare, called Pearl, that almost caused a heart attack. It certainly caused acute anxiety, and damn near caused a divorce. But I digress.

Then onward and upward, to C++, Cocoa, and advanced string theory.

With my divorce final, I sat down and wrote my database, and catalogued my loads.

After all those years, as I hit "Print", for the first printing of a perfectly stored, efficiently available label, I discovered that she'd taken the printer.

I've been thinking of building one, optimized for printing labels...

Boolit Master

I have excellent results with my Dymo 400 Labelwriter.

The labels stick tight even to plastic ammo boxes but yet they are removable when you went to.

First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford