MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load DataInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable casting myths on other boards

OK, now I'm mystified! How on earth is it possible for this person (the OP on the link thread) to be able change his underpants let alone earn a living or even just feed himself? Doesn't it require a functioning brain of some sort to function? Mind you, he's pretty good at accusing everyone else of doing what he's actually doing. (My ex was like that sometimes).

You guys sure he's for real and not just winding everybody up? After all, he can actually spell and operate a computer!
    Last edited by 303Guy; 11-21-2011 at 02:19 AM.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Angry

[QUOTE=Lycanthrope;1470519]No sense muddying the waters with more incorrect information. I'm IN this thread. All someone has to do is ask or PM me."

Well now, I find that very interesting. Really I do. I, for one am sure glad you are following this thread. I get to clear something up.

I saw this thread at the beginning. I followed the link over to your forum. I could see by the time I got there that soothing words in a gentle tone weren't getting the message across. I decided that a 2X4 to the head might work better. Unfortunately the longest one I had was a little short. I tried the "verbal" 2X4 a couple of times. Not even a dent. He was calling all recent members "Missouri Bullets trolls." As a parting shot I posted this:

"Yeah, right. If that is the case, how do you explain all of the long time members and posters who are saying the same thing? Deep cover moles??

"Have you noticed any shady looking characters hanging around lately when you leave the house? Maybe wearing trench coats? Things can sometimes get ugly when dealing with corporations, you know. And remember, THEY DO KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!!."

For that I got banned. No big deal. No skin off my a...um....posterior. HOWEVER, somebody had to add this:

"It appears that a member on another board made note of this thread in a "what not to do" type of thread and now several posters of that board came over here. Some read the rules and posted excellent information. Others decided to do some bashing without checking our rules."

There we have a problem. Nothing like throwing a couple of Molotov cocktails and then LOCKING the thread. Maybe you should review your own rules. I did not come to "BASH" and I DID READ YOUR RULES!! They did not say anything about asking a MORON a few pointed questions. The first question was serious. I wanted to know how he could explain how nobody, let me repeat that, NOBODY agreed with him, starting with post #2. The "trolls" didn't show up until post #43. The second question was tongue in cheek. I was curious to see how deep his paranoid delusions went.

I was busted for:

Instigation (20 points, Expires in 1 month)
    If your only purpose of posting in a thread is to rile people up and cause drama, we'd prefer you simply not post. This is very subjective, but our moderators have very good trolldars.

Now, there are 20+ posts after my last one. How many of them reference my last post? Boy Howdy, did I stir up a s***storm!! If I was trying to "instigate" I didn't do so well did I?

I REALLY DO THINK YOUR "TROLLDAR" NEEDS A TUNEUP!!

And I quote again:

"No sense muddying the waters with more incorrect information. I'm IN this thread. All someone has to do is ask or PM me."

I would think that advice should cut BOTH ways.

And furthermore, isn't issuing an infraction on the first post after letting, what, 24 posts go by kinda like locking the barn door after the horse is a few STATES away?? That thread should have been locked within 6-8 posts.

In closing, this guy is a complete fool. He is DANGEROUS!!. He is a KA-BOOM just waiting to happen. I can only pray that he is alone WHEN (not if) it happens.

I REALLY do think you need to clean up YOUR doorstep before you come over here and rag on somebody who makes a post based on the ONLY information available to him.

Now what I really want to know is 1) How old is this guy, REALLY. I don't believe this 40yrs BS, not for a nanosecond. If he is over 20 he is certifiable He should be locked up as a danger to himself and others. 2) Just what ARE the test results for the BHN??

BK
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers

It ain't what I KNOW, it's "How fast can I look it up?"
    Me

I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it.
    Captain Woodrow F. Call

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
    OK, now I mystified! How on earth is it possible for this person (the OP on the link thread) to be able change his underpants let alone earn a living or even just feed himself? Doesn't it require a functioning brain of some sort to function? Mind you, he's pretty good at accusing everyone else of doing what he's actually doing. (My ex was like that sometimes).

You guys sure he's for real and not just winding everybody up? After all, he can actually spell and operate a computer!

You mean like this?

"The dynamics of forums will always escape me. It's where ego sucks all intelligence out of a brain. I just cant understand how common sense goes out the window."

Spell?? He spells like.....ah...feces.

BK
    Will Rogers

Me

Captain Woodrow F. Call

I was using the term 'spell' loosely. I just can't see how it's possible for anyone who actually thinks (again the term 'thinks' is being used loosely) can actually manage to turn on a computer or even feed himself. It's actually funny once you get past the initial shock. (And it is a shock!)

If you think about it, he loads 1,500 boolits, damaging them in the process then proceeds to pull them all and shows photo's of these loaded and pulled boolits and claims they are defective. Funny how he didn't notice the defects while he was loading them? He's having everyone on. Has to be or he would have starved to death or forgotten to breath a long time ago.
    Last edited by 303Guy; 11-21-2011 at 02:33 AM.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
    I was using the term 'spell' loosely. I just can't see how it's possible for anyone who actually thinks (again the term 'thinks' is being used loosely) can actually manage to turn on a computer or even feed himself. It's actually funny once you get past the initial shock. (And it is a shock!)

If you think about it, he loads 1,500 boolits, damaging them in the process then proceeds to pull them all and shows photo's of these loaded and pulled boolits and claims they are defective. Funny how he didn't notice the defects while he was loading them? He's having everyone on. Has to be or he would have starved to death or forgotten to breath a long time ago.

You have no idea how I WISH that were true!!

BK
    Will Rogers

Me

Captain Woodrow F. Call

Mind you you, I have a mate who told me it was impossible to shoot a lead boolit out a rifle - "Think about" he said, " How can the soft lead grip the rifling?" (This was when I decided to start casting for my 303 Brit). All this time he was shooting with his 22rf!

He was present when I shot this group on the first trial. Up until I shot the group he was telling me it would not work.

You can see how funny all this really is!

I don't understand how this fellow can still be alive. But because of his driving! I won't go in a car with him! (He is a damn good shot).

Super Moderator

..............I LOVED reading that thread! I fail to believe someone could be that hardheaded. I think he figured he had 2 choices, admit he might have made a mistake and man up. Or he could sull up and hold a hard line on his original 'Facts' as he presented them. Once he saddled up choice number 2 and took a couple bucks, he was too afraid to let go and decided to ride it off over the horizon.

I can certainly see how the other member's tempers were beginning to fray around the edges.

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    I actually felt bad for the original poster after reading the whole thread. I feel a bit bad for Missouri Bullets as well since they were slandered for his poor understanding of shooting cast boolits, and his inexperienced reloading practices regarding cast as well.

That gentleman was way too proud to ever admit any error on his own part, or to be able to learn from his mistakes.

I considered signing up over there to try offer some help, but I doubt that it would have been listened to objectively by the original poster. Besides, a few of our members like Cbrick, and Recluse did a much better (and more eloquent) job of explaining the basic tenements of cast boolits calmly, and more precisely than I could have.

A new caster/re-loader who reads the the whole thing now should still be able to take away some good information from the thread because of you guys.

Size really does matter with cast boolits. Proper fit is the single most important factor, and fit is a lot more critical than hardness. Slug your barrel, and measure with a quality micrometer. It's amazing how much size can vary from one barrel to another, and this point just helps reinforce why slugging your barrel is so important. Undersized cast lead boolits are very likely to gas cut, and coat a barrel with lead under most conditions. Your alloy's hardness, and composition are not the ultimate solution to reducing leading, they are just one part of a very complex equation.

A lot of us had to learn these lessons from school of hard knocks. When the internet wasn't around, there was no easy knowledge base to quickly reference. Unlike the now generation, we just read books and experimented a lot instead.

Unless you were fortunate enough to have an experienced boolit caster, or cast loader around to teach you the basics - You just learned from trial and error.

I have cast boolits, and hand loaded for what I consider a long time, and yet I still manage learn new tips and tricks quite often. Most of time those new tricks come from other members on this board. Cast Boolits really has one of the best communities out there. That was why I eventually signed up here, and started posting after years of lurking on the board.

Great job getting the information across gang, and what a read that thread was. It was like watching a train wreck. I found myself fascinated, and yet I couldn't quite look away.

- Bullwolf

Boolit Man
    My favorite was.... .356 is not a caliber.....
    That was awesome.

From the EVO via Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by bravokilo View Post
    "Have you noticed any shady looking characters hanging around lately when you leave the house? Maybe wearing trench coats? Things can sometimes get ugly when dealing with corporations, you know. And remember, THEY DO KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!!."

For that I got banned. No big deal. No skin off my a...um....posterior. HOWEVER, somebody had to add this:

There we have a problem. Nothing like throwing a couple of Molotov cocktails and then LOCKING the thread. Maybe you should review your own rules. I did not come to "BASH" and I DID READ YOUR RULES!! They did not say anything about asking a MORON a few pointed questions. The first question was serious. I wanted to know how he could explain how nobody, let me repeat that, NOBODY agreed with him, starting with post #2. The "trolls" didn't show up until post #43. The second question was tongue in cheek. I was curious to see how deep his paranoid delusions went.

I was busted for:

Instigation (20 points, Expires in 1 month)
    If your only purpose of posting in a thread is to rile people up and cause drama, we'd prefer you simply not post. This is very subjective, but our moderators have very good trolldars.

And furthermore, isn't issuing an infraction on the first post after letting, what, 24 posts go by kinda like locking the barn door after the horse is a few STATES away?? That thread should have been locked within 6-8 posts.

I REALLY do think you need to clean up YOUR doorstep before you come over here and rag on somebody who makes a post based on the ONLY information available to him.

BK
    My point was that he DID have the information available to him. Right here, right now.

I think you "ban" lasted a day. That's typical for a low level infraction.

The rules state you cannot make a personal attack...as in calling someone a "moron". You are quite welcome to say you think their perspective is false.

When you "want to see how far his delusions went" you were instigating. No one has time to sort through every post and figure out who is misinformed, trolling or just plain ignorant. Every day a thread starts about topics that have not been proven by any real evidence. Forums are generally a place for discussion.....we aren't an encyclopedia of "truth". Should we have an IQ requirement for posting? What about no posters with a mental health diagnosis?

The OP was infracted for his original post not for content, but for making a personal attack in the reputation system.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Boolit Grand Master

Eh! There is often a problem with the gene pool I fear!
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I personally thank the staff member for showing up here. He has no more need to defend a board members posts, than we do here. If a person wants to make a public *** of himself, it is both educational, and entertaining, if this thread is any indication. We delete out some of those type posts here, but I oft times leave them in public view, to let the poster stew in his own juices.
    As far as second guessing how a staff member does his job on a board of thousands, none of us will ever make everyone 100% happy.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

waksupi, I think you folks do a splendid job on this forum and I thank you all!

when it comes to forums, I have always believed it is better to let the buffoonery stand in the light, than to shuffle it off into some dark corner somewhere

that way, EVERYONE can see how _____ (insert your word here) the poster is, and can take them to task, or educate them.

this is how we learn from the mistakes of others, Cause we dang sure won't live long enough to make them all ourselves

Boolit Master
    i read the whole thing twice (what a chore that was) ,i have only been casting a meer 6 years and i can only say what the heck has he been smoking for the last 40 years?.
    i wonder if he even had the correct size collet in his puller.
    if my puller was doing that much damage then the ole inertia hammer would come out of the drawer.
    he is a very egotisticle ,self centered, my way or the highway type of fellow.
    goodnight yall and be safe
    i.m just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round..... i really love to watch them roll ,,,, J,W,L.

Boolit Buddy
    That man needs help. Everyone tried to confuse him with the facts but his mind was made up.
    What this Country needs is more unemployed politicians

Banned

Fumes bad. Brain Damage may occur.

Please cast in a well ventilated area ...

Boolit Master

Bring him in here and let the mods declare open season on him.
    Marty-hiding out in the hills.

Come on guys, enough already. No point flogging a dead horse.

The guy messed up something in his reloading procedure, had a brain fart and blamed the components. He's painted himself in a corner and won't come out until the paint has dried.
    Too bad, I really got curious about the hardness of that MB lead.

Angry Morons and idiots...

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    My point was that he DID have the information available to him. Right here, right now.

I think you "ban" lasted a day. That's typical for a low level infraction.

The rules state you cannot make a personal attack...as in calling someone a "moron". You are quite welcome to say you think their perspective is false.

When you "want to see how far his delusions went" you were instigating. No one has time to sort through every post and figure out who is misinformed, trolling or just plain ignorant. Every day a thread starts about topics that have not been proven by any real evidence. Forums are generally a place for discussion.....we aren't an encyclopedia of "truth". Should we have an IQ requirement for posting? What about no posters with a mental health diagnosis?

The OP was infracted for his original post not for content, but for making a personal attack in the reputation system.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Well, well, well. I see you quoted almost everything EXCEPT what precipitated the post in the first place. :

"It appears that a member on another board made note of this thread in a "what not to do" type of thread and now several posters of that board came over here. Some read the rules and posted excellent information. Others decided to do some bashing without checking our rules."

I wonder who wrote that? I REALLY RESENT the implication that I (we) are "too stoopid and ignert too reed the rools". I also resent you implying:

I DID NOT REFER TO "KNOTHEAD" AS A MORON IN THE PAFOA THREAD.

Are you also saying that my first two posts did not convey any useful info??

Seriously there were EXACTLY 2 of us who, besides the OP who received infractions, if you can't keep track of that many people maybe you should turn in your moderator badge.

I was tired of him squealing like a little girl and YOU letting him call all of us "MISSOURI BULLET TROLLS"

I also really think it is lame that you would post that after this:

"It may be an error in process or it may be that a batch of bad bullets got through. At this point, none of you really know....."

YOU didn't REALLY know where we came from and why we were there but you thought your flippant snide comment was fully justified.

And then we have this:

Unbelievable... After 3 weeks, the guy got the thread unlocked, posted another attack on MBC and got it locked again.

Curiously missing from this post were the BHN numbers from his "neighbor, related to my tenant, who goes to my church" expert with the new machine that measures hardness of anything.

To which you replied"

Thanks for starting untrue rumors.

The OP posted ANOTHER thread which was later merged by ANOTHER staffmember. It was never unlocked. I have contacted the owner of Missouri Bullets to allow that party to offer a rebuttal. It will remained locked.

And:

All I see in the thread is a new post by LeadHead and a lock. Perhaps when staff merges BS attack posts into locked threads, they should add a comment that says that is what they have done.

I humbly apologize for any pain this misunderstanding has caused you.

To which you replied:

No sense muddying the waters with more incorrect information. I'm IN this thread. All someone has to do is ask or PM me.

??? If I would have seen that first I would have posted pretty much the exact same thing. And guess what, I would have NEVER even thought of PM'ing YOU first. Who the hell are you that a member of THIS board has to run anything by you??? If you want to prevent confusion in the future maybe your mods should be instructed to offer an explanation when merging another grenade into an already contentious and LOCKED thread. Also, as you said:

"I'm IN this thread."

Then it would seem to me that it is YOUR responsibility to correct any errors on YOUR part WITHOUT chastising any members of THIS BOARD!!

You may be be a big fish in the pond over on the PAFOA forum, but over here you are just another minnow in the school. Try hard not to forget that in the future.
    Will Rogers

Me

Captain Woodrow F. Call