Lee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners

Thread: Weaponsguild site??

Boolit Buddy

Weaponsguild site??

Do not log in very often [once every few months] but tried to today. Got logged in but could not get to any other function ie forums, my status page, help page etc. What happened? Thought I saw a email from the forum in my spam but just dumped it as I thought it to be there contest or group buy adds. Did I mis a reset info or something? Like I said I get logged in but then its dead. Not that the guild is like this site or even Rimfires, [I visit atleast weekly, not always logged in but read] but there were some good info on builds and general home shop ideas.
    Shaune509

Boolit Master
    The message that I received was that infrequent members would only be allowed to get to a certain point. I think that they are looking for member participation from us lurkers. I joined sometime ago and was impressed by the scope of their builds and projects. But felt I had little to offer as to suggestions as some of the stuff was way outside of my expertise. Frank

Boolit Buddy
    Frank is correct, I got the same e-mail. It appears that the adminestration wants all members to make "meeningfull posts" to gain access to all areas of the forum.
    I had nothing to make "meeningfull posts" about, so I just deleted the e-mail and forum.
    Seems to me a good way to kill the growth of a forum.
    They do however build some interesting stuff!
    Nick

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for the answer guys. Frank I to did not feel I could ad to most of the discussion but did enjoy the insight in the builds etc. To bad they added this limiting 'cluse', they truly have driven a nail in there site.
    Shaune509

Boolit Master
    The site I found to be very interesting. You had builds from single shot rifles, cannons, 50bmg and so on. While not a regular visitor there, there was always something going on. Since other members here feel the same way as I do about meaningful posts I hope someone over there reads this as I have to agree that they are limiting their growth. Frank

Perma-Banned

Once again, gentlemen, it is the owner of the site exercising their right to determine the "Rules of Engagement" for "Their" forum. While I agree with you, as I too was a frequent lurker, someone made a decision. Whether or not it was the right one will be determined by them. I visit another forum where they closed the Political/Humor/All Other section to those who had accrued "x" amount of posts. Don't let it get your knickers in a knot.

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

I, for one, would like to hear from the mods, as to what is required in order to retain full access to the site. As a newbee, I read more than I post.

I access this site several times a day, is that suffucient enough? Do I need to post a quota to maintain full membership?

I have not seen any disruption to posting, nor have I experienced the problems above, and, I want to maintain good standing with full access.

Any responce is greatly appreciated, this is the best site on the web for my interests in my opinion, and although I cannot contribute much, I have learned so much.

Any help on this issue is appreciated. Just want to know what I need to to be a member in good standing while maintaining full access.

slim

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    I, for one, would like to hear from the mods, as to what is required in order to retain full access to the site. As a newbee, I read more than I post.

I access this site several times a day, is that suffucient enough? Do I need to post a quota to maintain full membership?

I have not seen any disruption to posting, nor have I experienced the problems above, and, I want to maintain good standing with full access.

Any responce is greatly appreciated, this is the best site on the web for my interests in my opinion, and although I cannot contribute much, I have learned so much.

Any help on this issue is appreciated. Just want to know what I need to to be a member in good standing while maintaining full access.

slim
    The members above are talking about a totally different site, not this one.

Thanks Daywalker, that clears it up.