RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Handgun Accuracy Shocker !!!!!!!!

Boolit Buddy
    I have wanted a .452 200-230 gr Gas checked HP mold. Has any company made one? I finally bought the gas check mold and figured to HP it myself. Ace

Boolit Buddy
    "If it ain't a Colt it is a copy" Unless it's a Ruger, then its an improvement.

What I refer to is the fact that instead of just copying Colt revolvers, Ruger improved the design. Coil springs, stronger, safer, (transfer bar) ect. and they did it for the price of a foreign copy. I wish they would build Winchester 86s and 92s, but I can't see how to improve John Browning's design. Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ace1001 View Post
    "If it ain't a Colt it is a copy" Unless it's a Ruger, then its an improvement.

What I refer to is the fact that instead of just copying Colt revolvers, Ruger improved the design. Coil springs, stronger, safer, (transfer bar) ect. and they did it for the price of a foreign copy. I wish they would build Winchester 86s and 92s, but I can't see how to improve John Browning's design. Ace
    Oh I see. Well you have a point. I do love my Ruger wheelguns and they have never give me a moments trouble but there is something about that Colt Python that is hard to beat.
    My firearms review site. http://rangehot.com/

Boolit Buddy
    I am loading for 92s in 45cal. so my HP opening needs to be the size of a large primer for the tube magazine. Ace

Monroe, Washington in the The Great Pacific NorthWet
    My friend Robert Bank is correct that the US is not a signator to the Hague Accord.

But as a rule the US follows it's guidlines.

I always though it was pure folly to discriminate against certain small arms projectiles when high explosive based weapons are in use.
    In my opinion a hollow point is a whole lot more humane than a land mine or a flame thrower or a fragmentation grenade.

Look at the remains of a tank crew after being hit by a HEAT projectile and say that a hollow point is inhumane.

When any of us go deer hunting (or elk or moose or any legal medium to large game animal) what do we use?
    We either use a cast lead solid boolit with a good sized meplat (sometimes with a hollow point) or a jacketed expanding bullet with a soft or hollow point.
    Yet these bullets, which are deemed humane for animals by the game departments of every state are considered inhumane by politicians half way around the world.

Now before you say that the official purpose of firearms in warfare is to wound the enemy and thus tie up their resources stop and think about this.
    Ask any Jumpin' Jehosifat Jehad Yahoo if their goal is to wound all of us "infidels".
    Ask Thin Dong Ill (or whatever his name is) if he wants to wound his way into political dominance.

I also feel compelled to commend my bretheren here. I have seen in many threads, various sincere yet logical attitudes expressed regarding proper hunting tools.
    As responsible hunters and shooters we use the correct projectile for the job.
    Why should our brave men and women on the front lines be denied that?

I appologize for my contribution to thread drift.
    I will step down from the sopabox and behave now.

Well after reading this I had to try it, I have a T/C contender in 7-30 Waters that has had me stumped for the last year with a Lee bullet, it was all over the paper, I tried this and got some great 50 yard groups today, many keyhole rounds I am amazed, RICK

Boolit Master
    This is an excellent thread, in response to arky pete in his post (11-12-2006) regarding a bored through boolit.
    Jade Enterprise .45-70.......
    Last edited by Lucky Joe; 01-02-2007 at 02:16 PM.

The Jade slug was designed to be used with a Sabot in a muzzleloader.
    What are you using for an endcap in that .45-70 load?

Boolit Master
    BluesBear,

I don't shoot the Jade slug, this was just a picture I happend to have. Endcap? Not sure what you mean.

When shooting a ring airfoil bullet you need an endcap to seal the base.
    Without one the powder gases would just blast out through the opening leaving the bullet in the bore.
    Provided, of course, the powder hadn't already fallen out.

When used in a muzzleloader the sabot seals the base.
    But when you remove the Jade slug from the sabot and load it directly into a .45-70 case some sore of a plug must be used.
    And the plug has to be sturdy enough to not collapse into the cavity.

The PMC Ultramag used a special T shaped plastic plug.

Boolit Master
    BlueBears,

OK, understood now. I didn't think this boolit would be used with anything but a sabot. Thanks for the explanation of the endcap.

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    BluesBear:

Actually, there were attempts in the early 20th Century to make hollow-core projectiles with internal "rifling" grooves (like an inside-out Foster slug), saboted for use in smoothbore small artillery and large-bore shoulder weapons. As I recall, it didn't work out very well.

Floodgate
    NOV SHMOZ KA POP?

Boolit Master
    The wounding theory is based on the idea that your opponent is also sane and civilized.
    The man who invented the plow was not bored. He was hungry.