Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D-Lead soap

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by zomby woof View Post
    I bought a one gallon container of GOJO abrasive hand cleaner with a pump top. It's basically the same stuff. I keep it in my reloading area. Really cleans your hands good.

GOJO is good stuff. Been using it for many years.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    DANG ! Have you not been warned about the lead content in quality wine bottle seals that you must peel off with your thumbnail before de-corking and de-canting? Better just get a glove holster like the EMT's and Be PREPARED !

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Quote Originally Posted by gray wolf View Post
    I don't understand all this about the cold water to keep the pores closed,
    and then Lava soap or nylon scrub pads.
    I would think the abrasive soaps and pads take a layer of skin off and leave the skin wide open for a short time. So much for open pores.
    I use dawn dish soap and finish with a mild hand soap.
    i hear dishsoap works well after hearing you guys points not worried so much and about the skin think when you sweat your hot and your pores open to secrete sweat the opposite when your cold your pores will close as sort of a defense mechanism but i not telling you something you dont already know thanks everyone for your knowledge, think im a cast tommorow

I wonder how many of the guys that are so scared about lead touching them smoke? or go to local watering hole with your buddies that is filled with smoke? and if that is so troubling to them then maybe this isn't the hobby for you. Just wait and see what happens to your skin when it comes into contact with heat like 750 degrees. the lead isn't the scary part

Boolit Grand Master

bxchef29,

Here we strive to make written communication clear because it is more difficult to understand
    than spoke communication. The lazy do not care if they make it more difficult for the reader,
    and ignore the simple courtesies like capitalization, a reasonable shot at spelling and
    some punctuation to help communicate.

We really don't appreciate that sort of snotty attitude, here, either. We very much like to get
    along and be polite. Please try to join in the fun in a polite, friendly and respectful way. We
    would love to have you on the site, but if you are going to be a lazy jerk, less so.

As to 'detention' - well, if you ask a question like you have been responding, you are pretty unlikely
    to get much help. We really try to welcome the new members, but we also hold our site here to
    a pretty high standard of etiquette, much above the norm of many sites. Please join us at the
    higher standard.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

I understand MT, but i feel they did not have to insult me in the process. I always respect people and felt their comments were offensive. In the future, I will try to be more clear and punctional. Thank you for coming out in such a non-insulting way.

Boolit Master
    I don't see the same cleaning power with cold water as with warm water.

So I start with cold since this "pore thing" surfaced to get whatever the cold water and soap will remove and finnish with warm water ..... not scalding just warm and get whatever else will lift off.

Three 44s

Boolit Grand Master

bxchef29,

Point taken, insulting is not helpful ever. I try very hard to be on my best behavior on
    this site, and even when I sometimes get a bit cranky, try very hard to be direct and
    polite, and maybe deflect things with a bit of humor, if I think of it in time.

Welcome to the board, and let's do what we can to be friends and learn and laugh with
    each other. I know that on other sites, rude behavior is the norm. We try to discourage
    that here, and I think we have a pretty nice bunch of people here. Enjoy!

Bill

PS Are you really a chef? or does the handle have some other meaning?
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

i am with Huntducks. we played with lead hammers as kids, we had lead paint in our house, my dad had a can of white lead for setting up ring and pinion gear sets that i had my hands into a couple of times, did the pelets in the mouth thing, played with mercury, was exposed to asbestos at age 4 and every year since. i cast my boolits without a mask, handle lead on a daily basis, and my lead levels check out fine. some of you guys are believing your government to much!
    Silver and Gold are for rich men. Lead and Brass is MY silver and gold! And when push comes to shove, one of my silver and gold pieces will be more valuable than a big pile of actual silver and gold.

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Yes, I often give straight up, plain advice. The guys lookin for touchy-feely should try the play dough forum.

BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xwrench3 View Post
    i am with huntducks. We played with lead hammers as kids, we had lead paint in our house, my dad had a can of white lead for setting up ring and pinion gear sets that i had my hands into a couple of times, did the pelets in the mouth thing, played with mercury, was exposed to asbestos at age 4 and every year since. I cast my boolits without a mask, handle lead on a daily basis, and my lead levels check out fine. Some of you guys are believing your government to much!
    amen!
    Frank G.

Boolit Master

bxchef29, If I came off as insulting, then I apologize. Your original posts were childish, and I sometimes tell it like I see it. If not for the built-in spell check on Mozilla Firefox,, my posts would have lots of bad spelling. But I try to punctuate, and form sentences and paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
    bxchef29, If I came off as insulting, then I apologize. Your original posts were childish, and I sometimes tell it like I see it. If not for the built-in spell check on Mozilla Firefox,, my posts would have lots of bad spelling. But I try to punctuate, and form sentences and paragraphs.
    Apoligy accepted. Your're Right i realize using no puncuation, seems like jiberish and so i apoligize. Really enjoy this forum. Alot of great knowledge here