Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading

Thread: lee loadmaster powder measure help

Boolit Bub

lee loadmaster powder measure help

i just got my lee loadmaster, bought it used, it came with a perfect powder measure, was wanting to set it up for 9mm, the perfect powder measure wont work for that will it? i need to get the auto disc right?

Also if i go buy the auto disc from cabelas does it come ready to put onto a progressive?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Lee-P...h-All+Products

Boolit Master
    I can remember if the pro auto disk measure comes with the chain setup or not (I belive it does) but the spring system will work on the LM too. Either way all you'll have to do is screw it down into the Lee powder through die and you'll be off and going.

Boolit Master
    Do yourself a favor and hit-up this site:
    http://loadmastervideos.com/

top left under links:
    Loadmastervideos forum

Oh, the perfect powder measure can be used, but....

Lee Universal Charging Die, used with the Perfect Powder Measure for progressive style presses from 218 Bee to 300 Win Mag. Does not expand the case mouth.
    See your Perfect Powder Measure instruction sheet, or visit the LEE website.

Lee Perfect Powder Measure

(This is a single stage set up with the Universal Charging Die and the Perfect Powder Measure. Making for a case activated powder drop)

It will require that you place the Universal Charging Die in a station after the expanding die. Plenty room for this on a 5 station loadmaster.

When using the Universal Charging Die for the Perfect Powder Measure:

(1)Size/Deprime die
    (2)Case expander die (expanding only, not using the charge thru function)
    (3) Universal Charging die, and the Perfect Powder Measure together
    (4)Seating/Crimp die
    (5)optional FC die.

If you decide to go with the Auto-Disk:

or the Pro-Auto-Disk:

your set up would then be something like this:
    (providing your using LEE dies, this may very with other brands)

(1)Size/Deprime
    (2)No die (leave empty)
    (3)Expander powder thru die and Auto-disk or Pro-Auto-Disk
    (4)Seating/crimp die
    (5) optional FC die

or if your willing to crank the powder out by hand then check out these guys.http://store.gun-guides.com/Perfect-Adapters_c_12.html

Hope that helps.

If it was myself, I'd get the Pro-Auto-Disk for the handy powder shut off feature, and the better hopper hold down system. Then I'd dump the chain pull back system and buy the Auto-Disk Return spring and Actuation lever.

Yep, I'd get this

and this

to replace this

and this

I can move it from die set to die set, or press to press without messing with that ______ chain, or wondering where to hook it up...Versatility..baby.

Now, if you'll never take the Pro-Auto-Disk off to use on another press, or if you have a hopper for each turret then the chain is fine.

If you opt for the regular Auto-Disk then its already a spring return system.

still though the advantages of the Pro are many, but that's a whole other story.

Boolit Master
    Advantage + for the pro auto disk and the link the OP put up is of it which is a good route to go for all the reasons Johnny Cyclone brought up.

Boolit Buddy
    If you buy the pro auto disk new alone it comes with both the spring return and the pull chain. I highly recommend you use the pull chain return or convert to a pull rod as it prevents double charges due to operator error(and who doesn't mess up from time to time. Do not get the adjustable charge bar if you are throwing powder loads under 5 grains as it doesn't work right at the low end. Once you deflash the plastic disk the lee auto disk is a great measure.

I also recommend you put a universal decapping die in station 1 and a sizing die with decapper rod removed in 2. It helps align the shell to be primed eliminating a lot of problems that some experience with the priming system. Its a trick from the previously mentioned loadmaster video forum.

Boolit Master

+1 for what firebrick43 says, and be sure you keep your primer feed system lubricated with graphite or mica, makes a HUGE difference, especially with small primers.

Boolit Master
    I have two Loadmsters and have used both the auto disk and Pro-Disk. the powder makes the difference. I love my Loadmasters. Make sure you use the videos suggested.

+1 for what Johnny said