Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2

Thread: mold for 9mm with .358 dia.

Boolit Bub

mold for 9mm with .358 dia.

slugged my 9mm again today after i have not been getting very good groups. it slugs at .357 or little less so i am wanting to size to .358. would the lee 9mm molds work that say they drop bullets at .356? would they drop bigger bullets? or should i get a 38 spl./357 mag mold? if so which bullet should i choose? i know this question has probably been pounded just looking for little advice, thanks

Gun is a ruger sr9, the mold i currently using is a lyman #356402, its a truncated cone mold. its dropping bullets right around .357 which are just a hair too small.
    Last edited by Nick2010; 05-07-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Banned
    My Lee 9mm cast water dropped WW at .357/.358. The Lee .357 molds drop them at .359.
    I like to size as little as possible and use a .358 sizer for my 9mm amd .359 for the 357. That works out well as my Blackhawk has .359 throats. I use a medium hard lube and get little to no leading.
    More information such as gun, load, dies, and cases used would help us to help you.

Boolit Master

Try the Lee .358-125RF. Mine drops at .359/.360, I size to .358, works great in my HiPower.

bhn22
    You didn't say which alloy you're using, but you can usually pickup a thou or so by casting with linotype instead of a softer alloy.

Boolit Bub
    I was using 50/50 ww and pure lead but what alloy are you using proffesor?

Boolit Master
    The Lee 358-125-RF is the one I turned my Dad on to. He sizes to .358 and all's well. Also consider case swage on the boolits as well since it can be an issue. Loading up a dummy round, pulling the boolit and measuring the very edge of the base will let you know if your perfectly sized boolit has been squeezed by the brass.

Boolit Mold
    I use the Lyman 358242. It drops a round nose 121 gr bullet at .359-.360. It is out of production but they show up on Ebay frequently. I think it was designed for the 38 S&W.