Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop
I have never done anything like that and I never will again eather!!!
BIC/BS
just to clarify... when Dan said this... he was *joking* ... as you can see he says he has never done it and never will again either.... it was sort of like i thought i made a mistake once, but i was wrong.... well it can't be both!

of course he has had times that have been*oops*....he is always careful with the powder (only keeping one can out at a time) but there have been other things... things like old powder, or what ever the *excuse* is... it does happen, everyone needs to be careful..i don't believe one can load and shoot as much as he has, and not have an oops, we use those oops to tell our children, and hopefully they can learn from the mistakes, and know that you always must be careful .. accidents are just that, accidents... they can happen with *anything* - i have known of people that sew, that got stitches from scissors... others that fell down the same stairs they walked down every day for years, that are now in cast... etc... no matter what we do, or how safe we are, accidents can happen, but they can happen a lot more, when we become careless...

we know of a local guy that was in the military and had something to do with their ammunitions ... he was the one that disposed of old stuff, made sure the new stuff was good... etc, i don't know all what he did, just that he KNEW his *ammo stuff* did it for years, reloaded for years, and a few weeks ago, he apparently loaded his 30-06 with the wrong powder *grabbed the wrong one off the shelf* and blew it up... lots of damge to the gun, and lots of damage to himself, he ended up in the hospital, and last i heard they weren't even sure if he would be able to see again...

relaoding...shooting guns is a great hobby, but always always always safety needs to come first... (a mom talking here! ) hope others can learn from the experiences talked about here, i think it was a great subject to bring up, i had the older boys read it... so they can know too, that things can and do happen... thanks to all who have shared..

God Bless,

Bull Shop Mom