Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: I scored a Lee Pro 1000 for $30

Boolit Master

I scored a Lee Pro 1000 for $30

Couldn't hardly beilieve it when the pawn shop guy said $30. It is mostly complete, missing the primer tray and the guts to the powder through expanding die. Figured for that price I could afford to clean it up and maybe have a decent starter progressive. I haven't decided if I want to keep it 9mm, or convert it to .40S&W or even 223.

Oh, yeah, do the case loading tubes come with the collator, or with the press?
    Last edited by rtracy2001; 03-19-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Master
    I got mine for $25 and it was complete. It came with 357 Mag dies. The guy who sold it was so frustrated that he just wanted to get rid of it. I figured for the price of the dies I was good on the deal. Cleaned the spilled powder out of the mechanism and readjusted it, and it worked great. I would advise against 223, unless you resize all your brass first, AND you use only ball powders. They work great with 9mm and 40 S&W. You can order the case tubes separately, and I believe they come collator kit.

G

with the case feeder , you van buy a set of 7 tubes ( just the tubes ) for 7-8 bucks , congrats amigo and remember go slow with the learning curve and you'll be rocking before you know it !
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

You did well.
    Never had much of a problem sizing 223 on mine and using h4895 with the double disk kit.

oldscool

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldscool View Post
    You did well.
    Never had much of a problem sizing 223 on mine and using h4895 with the double disk kit.

oldscool
    I am leaning towards converting it to .223 as I shoot a lot more .233 than 40. The .223 is the fun gun and the 40 is the CC gun. Converting to 40 would be easy since it uses the same shell plate (but a different case feeder).

I have never had any trouble sizing .223 on my turret press and it seems to use the same linkage and base assembly as the pro. I use One Shot spray lube and don't use carbide dies on the .223.

i actually have one i set up in 223 ... i size and trim first then just run a decapper in the sizing station to make sure there's no flasholes plugged with media , when i did size on the press i too used oneshot but i had less control over the length so i switched it out , changing primer size isnt hard if one already has to change the shell plate but in truth changing the whole carrier is also easy , one caution would be critical set up of the seat and crimp die - if the 3 station has a weakness that's it but properly set up running uniform brass makes it a breeze IMHO
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Banned

See, you guys posses something that I have in very short supply. Patience, that and luck. If the day comes that I decide to buy something, then I go out and buy it. I look a little, but just a little, then settle on something that costs way too much. It's wierd. In all other things I have an abundance of patience, but when I'm buying for my hobby, I just start frothing at the mouth and I can barely stop myself from sprinting into a bad deal.

Boolit Bub
    i love my lee 1000s. i got 2 of them for 100. Mostly complete. you definatly got a good deal.

Boolit Master
    Man you got a score. If you try it and do not like you can always sell and make a little money at the same time. I am still on the fence with the .223, .40 ya no worries but I will find out myself before I recommend the rifle brass.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Quote Originally Posted by rtracy2001 View Post
    Couldn't hardly beilieve it when the pawn shop guy said $30. It is mostly complete, missing the primer tray and the guts to the powder through expanding die. Figured for that price I could afford to clean it up and maybe have a decent starter progressive. I haven't decided if I want to keep it 9mm, or convert it to .40S&W or even 223.

Oh, yeah, do the case loading tubes come with the collator, or with the press?
    It is hard to believe a Pawn Shop would have it for that amount, they usually want what it would cost new.

I would have bought it and shelved it for a future project.
    Reloading cartridges since 1992.