Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Repackbox
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge quake and tsunami,right now in japan

Huge quake and tsunami hit Japan !

the Oregon and Wa coast lines are on allert this morning,not much happening here thankfully.
    Just woke up to new footage from japan,the power of that wave is just beyond belief.!

prayers for everyone over there,the devestation is just staggering.
    Last edited by Throckmorton; 03-11-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: update

Boolit Grand Master

I'm getting suplies ready as they expect it to hit Hawaii at around 0259 tomorrow.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Bub
    One of the guys I work with (in another part of the building) has CNN on one of the TV's that is on 24/7. He called me to check it out. May God help those people.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    I'm getting suplies ready as they expect it to hit Hawaii at around 0259 tomorrow.
    Our payers are with you and we wish you and all Hawaiians well. Keep safe, and keep your powder dry. Peter.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Tsunami watch now in effect for California, Oregon, and Washington. Conditions are such that significant activity could occur.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

That is amazing footage. Very scary also.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Master
    The wife is trying to contact her elder sister in a Tokyo suburb right now. The rest of the family are near the Japanese Alps in Tochigi-ken far inland, so should be safe.
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Boolit Master

My prayers are with all the folks that are in the way of this tragic event.
    My goodness these things happen so fast. Thank you for the info.

Sam
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Banned

Hope everyone's OK.

Wouldn't ya know it, my wife, her mother, and sis-in law, just flew into Costa Rico San Jose yesterday headed for the coast.

I say just stay home..

Boolit Grand Master
    Yeah, down this way the 1'-3' waves are supposed to hit in 20 minutes or so, and coincide with low tide. This might not be too bad--I hope.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    SF is still here.. business as usual... not sure how it is on the coast...

My daughter lives in Narita which is about an hours train ride from Tokyo. After watching that news footage of the that tsunami surge, I had few tense minutes. I thank God that my daughter was able to get on line and post on face-book that she was okay. My heart and prayers go out to all those affected by this tragedy.
    Last edited by flhroy; 03-11-2011 at 05:25 PM.
    'Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.' - Albert Einstein

Roy

The severity has been quoted as from 8.4 to 8.9 and whichever it is the effect has been tragic. Being centered 130km off shore leaves one being thankfull that it was no closer to the land.

Von Gruff.
    Von Gruff.

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Banned

I don't know, I think they'd have rather had the whole earthquake and no tsunami that what they got.

Boolit Master
    No one wants to be anywhere near an 8+ earthquake. a 5 will raise your blood pressure a little bit, much bigger and it can get serious real fast. As 8.5 or greater quake this was one of the all time big ones and nothing good is associated with it. After shocks are going to be bigger than lots of quakes and these can cause all sorts of damage.

Boolit Master

A nuclear plant in Japan is in serious trouble right now. Fox news just reported that the radioactivity inside the reactor is a thousand times higher than normal.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Grand Master

How did our members in New Zeeland and Austrailia fare with any tsumai activity? Do we have any members in Japan?

My nephew and his girlfriend are in Aukland New Zeeland. Just e-mailed him to check on their status.

Checked a map on-line produced by the NZ civil defence and it looks like they should be o.k. Hope so.
    Last edited by leadman; 03-11-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Nothing major down here. Small waves. Maybe a foot or two.

Looks like NZ rescue teams will get to return the favour to Japan sooner than we have hoped.

I have friends stuck at the Narita airport. They were due into Shakin' Christchurch today but are hold up in JP still. Safe but stuck.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Master

I don't think we'll have many Japanese members due to the country's extremely strict gun laws.

But if we have anyone over there, I know we'll do our best to help them.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Master
    Was able to contact the wife's elder brother last night, the whole family are safe. Thank God.

I doubt very much we have any members in Japan due to thier gun laws unless they are xpats. Under no circumstance can a Japanese citizen own a hand gun, only rifles and shotguns. The long arms must be kept in a police armory and can only be checked out for specific approved activities. Hunting/trap, etc. The police can inspect your home at any time you have the fire arm checked out with out notice. The firearm is not allowed to be assembled other than in the field or the range.

A friend almost lost his license as he cleaned his shotgun, assembled it and hung it on the wall assembled, stepped back to admire it and two cops came in the door! Bad luck.
    How's that hope and change working for you?