Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: how many of you

gunner500,
    I couldn't agree with you more about your statement of guns being the best hobby and a great way of life. I too have my house somewhat arranged the way you do. I have kids in the home so mine get put in lock-boxes around the house.
    I love my firearms and I'll only buy more until the day I die!!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting.
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

The more people I meet, the more I trust my bird dogs. They're loyal and know when to keep their mouths shut!

Boolit Mold
    40sandwfan,

10-4, all my kids are gone now, but when they were here we had a fail-safe drill we all had down in case of a home invasion.
    When a disturbance is occuring the wife would roll off her side and under the bed w/ the cell to 911, all 4 boys would also go under there beds and STAY till I came for them.
    No one knows Your house better than You,
    You know where everyone is and where to shoot if forced to do so.

I agree w/ the locks w/ the little ones.

Good luck and take care.
    Gunner

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    I actually don't like open carry. It gives gun owners a bad reputation....as if it isn't bad enough as it is.
    Might you pose the above as opinion in the future?

I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion.
    "I have enough ammo and guns to shoot my way into Nevada." - California resident.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I'm with Jeremy. If open carry is a bad impression, what about all the rifles in the racks of the vehicles here year round? No one seems to think that out of line, and open carry has seldom drew a second glance. I guess it depends on how backwards your area is to what "rights" are all about.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    HI,
    In the late 1960's to about 1980, a loaded gun was always near, in the woods on me. Now with all the liberals and anti-gunners around, I do not have a loaded gun in the car, or wear one outside my house. Too many none westerners have moved here & freak out . But I still always wear one if I step out of my car in the mountains.

Boolit Man

Carry everywhere I go except to work (can't carry on federal property); wouldn't leave home without one. No more kids at home so I always have one in the chamber on the nightstand in the bedroom. If I just came home or am getting ready to leave I usually have one of my 40s on me.
    When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!

I don't agree at all that open carry gives gun owners a bad name. I think that's a pitiful excuse at attempting to limit what few abilities and rights we still have as gun owners. It is totally and completely within our right to be armed. Our Founding Fathers set forth this right not only to prevent against a tyrannical government, but to protect ourselves against harm as well.
    To take that ability from law-abiding citizens would grossly infringe upon the Second Amendment in ways that our government is already trying to do. They don't need your help. We are being encroached upon in more ways than we can count each and every day. Banding together as gun-owning Americans and fighting this tyranny is all we have in this endeavor. To state your opinion is one thing, but to say it is totally wrong and gives us a bad name is a blatant lie, Sir! Irresponsibility gives gun-owners a bad name. People like you give us a bad name due to the fuel you add to their cause just as you would if you poured gasoline on a house-fire.
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

The more people I meet, the more I trust my bird dogs. They're loyal and know when to keep their mouths shut!

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range onesonek's Avatar
    "It gives gun owners a bad reputation...."

Not sure were the rational comes from to make this statement. Seems to me you either think those that do open carry are crazy, or you believe the antis propaganda.
    Personally, I think it should be choice that is dictated by place, time, and itinerary.

Unfortunately our gov't has made society in general, dependent upon gov't, gov't agencies, and or someone else, rather than promoting self reliance. This is where the gov't and the politically correct have failed this country, thinking we are so civilized as to need self-preservation as a God given right that it is.
    Last edited by onesonek; 01-31-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    Dave

In Remembrance

Angry

I carry not because I am afraid, but it allows me to be free of fear. There is a difference and I hope you see the difference. I do not go looking for trouble. Quite the opposite. I have been armed and walked away from a man beating his wife on the street. It sucks to be her.
    This statement and admission of fact, is in and of itself enough to put you on my Ignore List.

Nothing says you would've had to use your gun on this guy beating his wife and nowhere do you even say you bothered to call 9-1-1.

Pathetic is about the most correct term I can use here that would not get me permanently banned.

I will ONLY protect myself and MY loved ones.
    How 'bout this, pal? Why don't you have some t-shirts and hats made up proclaiming this fact? Cause if you do, we'll make sure and leave you on the side of the road should anyone find you after a car wreck, or an avalanche or anything else that could jeopardize your life and well being.

We'll be too busy ONLY protecting and taking care of ourselves and our loved ones.

I am not a hero.
    You're not even a man if you wouldn't come to a defenseless woman's assistance.

I have received much formal training for handguns. EVERY legal person that has taught us in those courses have said to walk away unless YOUR life is in danger. If another person's life is in danger and you choose to use your weapon, then be prepared for years of hell and lawsuits.
    There is just so much wrong in this statement that it boggles the mind. You need new or better instructors. Who the hell taught you? Massad Ayoob? Sounds like his BS drivel.

I actually don't like open carry. It gives gun owners a bad reputation....as if it isn't bad enough as it is.
    No, what gives gun owners an even worse reputation is when they feel the need to be armed for "safety" and then walk away from a defenseless woman being beat without even so much as calling for help.

One more for the "List."

Boolit Grand Master
    wow
    I don't even think I would have posted that
    terrible though
    I have lost friends because of their beating women
    coward is the word that comes to my mind
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Dang, when I went back and actually reread the whole comment and read it aloud to my wife we both got a little sick and upset. She thinks only a pitiful excuse of a human would admit to the things you did there. To walk away from a woman who could very possibly have been drawing her last breath and not stop to render assistance is more than just cowardly but I'm of the same mindset others are. I don't want to say more for fear that I'll get banned.
    While it may not have been necessary to use your firearm, the fact that she was in the middle of fearing for her life shows that it was most likely necessary for you to do something rather than think of yourself and how much of a 'poor woman' she was.
    Last edited by waksupi; 01-31-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Personal attacks not permitted here.

Boolit Master

None of the "professional" training I have had said that I needed to walk away from an innocent person in trouble. Actually, my training stated the exact opposite. In the state of Georgia you can actually have charges brought on you for NOT rendering aid.
    Good, Cheap, Fast: Pick two.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Isn't that something along the Good Samaritan Law?

Boolit Master

The Good Samaritan law actually protects you if you render aid. That is it protects you if you render aid to the point you are capable of rendering. If you are trained in basic first aid and you offer basic first aid and the person still dies you are protected under the Good Samaritan law. Now if all you know is basic first aid and you try to put a breathing tube through the person’s throat and they die, you are liable, because you went "beyond" your training.

I will find the law in Georgia about NOT rendering aid.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'd be interested to know how many other states have a law similar to what Georgia has. I'd like to see it when you find it.

Boolit Master

I am still looking for the Failure to render aid law, but I did find the very law that defends you in this exact situation in the state of Georgia:

40-6-393

(a) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person against such otherīs imminent use of unlawful force; however, except as provided in Code Section 16-3-23, a person is justified in using force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

(b) A person is not justified in using force under the circumstances specified in subsection (a) of this Code section if he:

(1) Initially provokes the use of force against himself with the intent to use such force as an excuse to inflict bodily harm upon the assailant;

(2) Is attempting to commit, committing, or fleeing after the commission or attempted commission of a felony; or

(3) Was the aggressor or was engaged in a combat by agreement unless he withdraws from the encounter and effectively communicates to such other person his intent to do so and the other, notwithstanding, continues or threatens to continue the use of unlawful force.

(c) Any rule, regulation, or policy of any agency of the state or any ordinance, resolution, rule, regulation, or policy of any county, municipality, or other political subdivision of the state which is in conflict with this Code section shall be null, void, and of no force and effect.

(d) In a prosecution for murder or manslaughter, if a defendant raises as a defense a justification provided by subsection (a) of this Code section, the defendant, in order to establish the defendantīs reasonable belief that the use of force or deadly force was immediately necessary, may be permitted to offer:

(1) Relevant evidence that the defendant had been the victim of acts of family violence or child abuse committed by the deceased, as such acts are described in Code Sections 19-13-1 and 19-15-1, respectively; and

(2) Relevant expert testimony regarding the condition of the mind of the defendant at the time of the offense, including those relevant facts and circumstances relating to the family violence or child abuse that are the bases of the expertīs opinion.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I like that!! More states need to adopt that kind of law to protect it's people, both armed and unarmed.

Doby45,
    I found it!! Montana Codes Annotated states this:
    45-3-102. Use of force in defense of person. A person is justified in the use of force or threat to use force against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that the conduct is necessary for self-defense or the defense of another against the other person's imminent use of unlawful force. However, the person is justified in the use of force likely to cause death or serious bodily harm only if the person reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent imminent death or serious bodily harm to the person or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
    This is about as close as we have to what Georgia has. There are more but it doesn't say anything about being charged for not acting. I don't know if there is anything like that here in Montana but what I quoted above is a good start at least!!

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Obviously there are strong feelings on the topic,, but whipping on each other has a zero chance of swaying the outcome of individuals lives and actions.
    Sometimes I wonder how such topics are meant to be interpreted , as if one point is suggested by the thread title, yet the opposite is debated.

Oh, and try to remember that these pixels on the screen are quite meaningless to a infinite degree when such topics arise.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com