Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RCBS customer service, again.

Years ago I bought an old used RCBS Reloader-Special press on Ebay. When it arrived, I was pretty disappointed. I had been rode hard and put away wet. Rusted badly and the ram was a little sloppy in the frame, so even when lubed, it would chatter pretty bad. I figured I'd see if RCBS could rebuild the press, so I e-mailed them. They replied back and said to send it to them and they'd take a look. About 3 weeks later a brand new Reloader-Special (RS5) showed up at my front door, no charge. I was a pretty happy customer!

They did, however, kind of shaft me on a set of .270 Win dies. The sizing die has been a big pain in my ***. It doesn't look scratched, but even normally lubed cases will get stuck every now and then. I'd never had a problem w/ an RCBS sizing die, so I sent it in to them to have them look at it. They "polished" it and returned it to me. It's still a crappy sizing die, and sizes hard, to the point when extracting the case from the die the shell holder dang near rips off the rim. I guess I just got the one that fell off the turnip truck with this sizing die. I have many, many other sets of RCBS dies and the rest of them are great.
    -Steve
    Have gun, will travel.
    Iraq Vet '05-'06
    Afghanistan Vet '09-'10
    RIP- TSgt Jason Norton and SSgt Brian McElroy, KIA 22 Jan '06, near Taji, Iraq. You'll never be forgotten.

Boolit Bub
    They can be a little annoying in that regard, but it is an annoying that their customer seem to have no trouble learning to live with.

Boolit Grand Master
    Few are as good as RCBS. Dillon is one, and there are others. RCBS is truly one of the best in customer service.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Buddy
    I just got off the phone with RCBS customer service, the die parts I needed are on the way........no charge.

John C. Saubak

Boolit Buddy
    I have had so many positive experiences with RCBS customer service that I buy every "Green" tool that I can.

To " Dora Paul " - we all are going to miss you, but enjoy your retirement.

Steve

last year i bought a RCBS comp pistol powder thrower from midway. Well when it got to the house i opened the box and all that was in it was the metal housing and powder holder. all the guts were missing and the throwing handle.. i called rcbs told them what happened and ups showed up three days later with all the parts i was missing no charge. Great people to deal with and one of the few companies that customer support still speaks english AAA++++

Boolit Master

Over a year ago I bought the RCBS chargemaster. Used it once and it worked fine. The next time it wouldn't calibrate. Called RCBS and we wemt through the whole calibration procedure on the phone & still wouldn't work. He said send it back. I did and had a new one in a week. Been working fine ever since. Can't ask for better customer service. Nice to get a rep who actually knows what he's talking about. Thats a rarity now days.

Bob