MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hard cover cabelas catalog vs lead bullets

Boolit Man
    Always too heavy if you have to carry it, always too light if you have to use it. It's a balance everyone has to figure out, but for me the goal is to have something that ends the matter with one shot and is light enough for everyday carry. If I have to fire six shots to stop an attack, I'm in a world of hurt.

I have been on both ends of handguns, and rifles, and luckily have survived those incidents. When bullets were in the air, I didn't ever question what caliber they were. I have a friend that survived a .22LR to the head at close range, but I also have seen guys go into tunnels with supressed Ruger .22 autos and emerge very much alive. In more than one case I know that everyone they met underground didn't. After successfully making it to some good cover while being shot at by a sniper, I do remember thinking that I was glad he / she probably had a Mosin Nagant with a poor scope if any, and not the M-40's we were just starting to use. Still, I haven't thought seriously about carrying something too much smaller than a 9mm for personal protection. We had a spell of animals with rabies around here a number of years ago, and running into that situation on my walks was more of a concern than two legged threats.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotashooter2 View Post
    Every time I think about someone using a 32 for self defense I think about the old BB gun quote..."you'll shoot your eye out kid".........

Just said that phrase to a kid the other day at the range. Funny

Granger books work great!