Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annealed Case Pics These OK?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholst55 View Post
    How's that micro-torch working for you, Shiloh? I couldn't tell from the pix how it's fueled - does it run on butane? How long does the gas last?
    Propane cylinders and either a 20 or 40 cu ft. oxygen bottle.
    It is one of my jewelry torches that doubles as a brass annealing torch. My two of these type are about 30 years old.

http://www.littletorch.com/

Mine is all metal. The new ones are fine as well but IIRC the body is a composite material.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master

I did the stand up and tip over into the water bit for a number of years, and always had good luck, and no complaints. Then 4-5 years ago somebody commented that he got tired of standing them up in the water, tipping them over etc, and said that he was just holding them by the base, putting them in the flame for X count and dropping them in the water. So------I tried it, and have been doing that every since. it is faster than water stand up, and has the advantage of being able to turn the case neck around in the flame which you can't do when it is standing in water. I have the bucket of water right under the flame, and just drop the case into it when it is the right color change and it is starting to get hot on the fingers. So far have done numerous cases with this method from hornet to 375H&H, and 45-70, and can see no difference in case life between my practice and the stand in water practice. I anneal between 3 and 7 fireings, depending on case, and for most of my necked cases I neck size only as long as they chamber easily.
    1Shirt!
    "Common Sense Is An Uncommon Virtue" Ben Franklin

"Ve got too soon old and too late smart" Pa.Dutch Saying