Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looney tunes shooting shed idea

Banned

You can use kerosene or portable propane heaters for small spaces without needing electricity, but if you already have a generator make an insulated shed built off the back of your Shuetz-haus, you might even be able to make it really quiet. I'd recommend a coffee maker and small pantry for snacks as well, maybe even a single stage press and powder measure for occasional on-site load development.

Gear

Boolit Master

Go fer it. It won't take much. I bought a place in the country that has a hilly backstop. After the first year, a shooting shed was in order. I had some 5" timbers around and when they redid my barns, I had barn siding and some tin roofing in the barn loft. After several weeks of part time work. I now have a tin roofed shooting shed with two benches, swing in windows and is insulated. Cost? Some 2 X 6s and some particle board for the floor. Window companies will usually give you old windows for free. A kerosene heater makes it cozy inside.

Then, there's the back patio which has two steel plates at 100 yards and there's the reloading shed with a move in and out portable bench with a 100 yard setup and posts for the chronograph.

Nothing fancy but life is good./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Grand Master

When we moved to Oregon, my wife insisted I get a dedicated "Mike's shed". We sold our house in So. CA and used the money for a home and "Tuff Shed". Put down a 8' x 14' concrete slab and put an 8' x 14' Tuff Shed on it. The sheds are offered by Home Depot, and usually are installed free. 2" x 4" construction, available in several different configurations. Works great as my Reloading, and general pharting around room...

http://www.tuffshed.com/
    Last edited by mdi; 12-30-2010 at 12:51 PM.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Buddy
    Having lived in urban areas all my life this sounds wonderful. But. Yep, always a 'but.' Should you go forward, don't fail to have an attorney represent you in the purchase. Your friend will need to hold up his part of the deal i.e. mortgage and liability insurance plus whatever else you want insured and improved. Money'll make a friendship turn to dog doo at the drop of a hat. Unless you can- and don't mind- potentially carrying the entire financial load, bind up your 'but' with legal duct tape.

Best of luck!
    NOI- it's what's for dinner

for baffles, I think I read in a magazine, use old tires... wire them together to make a tube about 8 ft long, and instant rubber baffles

Boolit Master
    I have several pair of those electronic ear protectors. I know they must be great. I can't even hear my mother in law when I have them on.

Boolit Master
    Will be easy to pick up your brass too.
    ...and don't forget to build a heavy duty boolit trap so you can use you lead, over and over
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!