Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Priorities

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LAH View Post
    I need Gas Checks.
    You need a Checkmaker.

Gear

Boolit Master

Well, I ordered 10,000 primers and three pounds of powder from Powder Valley. I reread waksupi's post and it was a little too real for me not to pay attention to.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Master
    I brought 5000 primers off a guy. They must have been stored poorly as about 5% of them do not go bang.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by garym1a2 View Post
    I brought 5000 primers off a guy. They must have been stored poorly as about 5% of them do not go bang.
    I had a problem with CCI primers once. Pull the boolits on the duds and punch the primers out. Notice if there is any primer media in the cup.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Grand Master
    Stocking necessities is a necessity.

Maintaining a balance is not that important to me. I have sufficient components for 2-5 years of shooting - depending on the caliber/gauge. My philosophy is to look for buys and load up when prices are good or before I believe they will go up. As a result, I am unlikely to be "balanced" but it is of no consequence as I have a minimum of two years of "stuff" on hand.

If you have ever run out of something, you are not planning and you WILL overpay.

With our economy in trouble and our dollar under pressure it is wise to invest in components and ammunition.

This week I will be buying a half ton of shot as I found some at a decent price and shot prices have started escalating.

Don

Boolit Master

August 2008 I saw the writing on the wall and bought all the powder I could get from Grafs on one hazmat fee. Unique, H335, Varget, BLC2 and 30,000 Large Pistol primers. Already had nearly ten thousand LR primers and I don't have anything requiring small primers. I've got about a thousand pounds of ingots smelted and stored so I'm feeling pretty smug about my ammo supplies which include 1200 rounds of mil surp 7.62X51 Nato from Portugal and Germany. I don't shoot much of the mil surp stuff but it's nice to have around.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    I had a problem with CCI primers once. Pull the boolits on the duds and punch the primers out. Notice if there is any primer media in the cup.
    They are CCI small rifle primers. I will have to pulll and check them. Since I have another 4500 of them left I hope its only one box.