Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whatca doin' on Christmas day.

Boolit Master

Pick up my toddler from his mom around noon and try to find an event we can go to ourselves since all my extended family have opposing schedules nad/or are too far away to be feasible (to make it back by Sunday evening to give him back). Christmas after a breakup kinda sucks, but it'll get better over time. At least I get so see him on Christmas and I got some nice presents I think he'll really love. It's easy to please a 2 yr old.

Boolit Master

We will be in Florida with the family for Christmas. Christmas day will be gift opening time for all followed by turkey dinner followed by nap time, then more visiting. Its the one time of the year that the immediate family is all together, a great time together and celebrating the birth of Christ. BTW, Bro & I will go to the range and do some shooting on the 23rd.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Will be spending Christmas morning with my wife and daughter, after opening gifts have a large lunch, turkey and ham. Then around 12:30 leave for work.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Keep it safe.

True gun control, is hitting where you aim.

Boolit Master

Me and mine will be celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior.

Boolit Master

Christmas Eve, read Luke 2:1-20 a tradition we started after our daughter was born and continued as the boys were added, Christmas Day, Feed the stock, check the wells (my 7-365) job, say a prayer for the ones who work on all holidays to keep us safe and the lights and heat on, a special prayer for the troops. Spend the rest of the day with whoever shows up to visit us and Dad. Food will be the grazing style set out for who is hungry when they are hungry. We have a lot of frozen turnips left in the field, they bust well when shot and some of the grand kids like to shoot.
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Boolit Master

If any of you are in the area and do not have a place to celebrate Christmas, Please come to my home. You will not leave hungry, and you probably wont leave without shooting something. You will be treated like family.

Boolit Master

And that Aaron is Christmas.
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Boolit Master

Tis the reason good sir.

Boolit Master
    i wish i was working, double time for 12hrs would be sweet.

but ill likely be riding my dirtbike.

Boolit Buddy
    Same thing I've done since retiring from the Fire Dept. back in 01... Settin home watchin a movie.. Maybe go out to the man cave and do some loading since the range is closed.. That's about it!!!
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson was one Smart guy. Now we need to find another one!!!
    NRA Life member since 1971, SASS
    Ret. IAFF Local 2928

Boolit Buddy
    Lots of Christmas workers; I'm actually not even on call....what is this "overtime" you speak of? Christmas Eve services, lunch with friends, dinner with family.

Boolit Grand Master

Visiting my 87 yr old father back in VA, then on to SC, GA and Fla to visit the far flung
    family members. Lots of traveling, but it is good to visit everyone.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Buddy
    hanging out with the inlaws in down town chicago 13th floor it has quiet a view.

we don't do much on christmas open presents lay around go to the step fathers family get together. Christmas eve in the cuban tradition is the big deal, Noche Buena is full of loud music, lots of pork, yuca and mojo. a good time to be had by all.
    Last edited by .357; 12-21-2010 at 12:23 AM.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be “If only I had my gun”; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of brass.

I am out of town, enjoy your holidays.

Boolit Master

Watching the last 3 children that are still young enough to be home open their presents from the wife and I, and of course them telling us what Santa brought them.

Cleaning up from the party Christmas Eve, 8 kids plus significant others for the half that have them and 6 almost 7 grandchildren not to mention assorted close friends and parents.

When did I become the patriarch? I believe it was around the time I became "Responsible"...

I'm thinking I will sneak out to the man cave and cast up some 8mm boolits in the mold that is currently on the big brown truck finding its way to my house as I type this.

Boolit Man

Going out to visit my troops at their Combat Out Posts (COPs)- You all have a wonderful and safe Christmas; watch out for the other guy on the road.

Best Regards,
    Ron

Boolit Master
    On the eve my wife and I will enjoy watching the kids crack into their gifts. Christmas day will be a feast of barbecue ribs, beans, potato salad, homebrew etc. A hike will follow to burn some of that off. A trip to the range with our 1885's is likely the following day depending on the weather.

We hope you all have a safe and pleasant holiday season.
    ph4570

well not going anywhere this christmas just sitting home with the family will prob cook a turkey and fixins, dont know yet. and as for newyears we will be doing the same thing that we are doing on christmas just minis one person. Of course the kids could have plans for new years im sure they dont want to spend it just sitting around with their old mom.
    Everyone have a safe and fun holiday,

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Christmas morning will begin with shouts and screams of "Santa was here" (Kids still believe in Santa because dear old Dad is too tight with money to buy gifts )

Pictures will be taken of gift opening while the living room turns into a disaster area.

I will then tend to the livestock while Christmas dinner is finished being prepared. We are having ham and probably turkey also. All the fixin's too.

Dinner will probably be about 1:00-2:00 pm, then it will be nap time. May go to the local range if things work out.

Merry Christmas to all.
    Last edited by oneokie; 12-21-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Have duty on call all weekend. Merry Christmas to all, a big shout out to emergency providers, and of course those in service of our country.
    If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man.

Quote Originally Posted by rwsem View Post
    Going out to visit my troops at their Combat Out Posts (COPs)- You all have a wonderful and safe Christmas; watch out for the other guy on the road.

Best Regards,
    Ron
    If you run into any Kiwi's say "hi" from me. They are easy to spot. They will be shivering madly as they are accustomed to summer Christmas's.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.