Shuz, I used to buy at Esmans in Turtle creek during the 60's, then they moved to Pitcairn around 1970 I think. After the owner passed on Jerry that use to be the optics man took over until he shut it down 4 or 5 yrs ago. Another shop was Sol's in Homestead, between the two of them there wasn't much in the way of reloading supply's that wasn't always on stock. I think the big mail order House's did all the home town shops in. I can remember buying a Leupold 3-9 scope at Esmans around 1965 for the sum of $62.50. I also remember buying Lyman moulds for well under $10 and I still have the box a Redfield big bore front globe with all the metal and plastic inserts in a long sleeve. It's marked $14.95. My Buddy and I would go to the gun shows in Greensburg at the Mountain View Inn and stop at Esmans on the way back to stock up on primers and powder. Did you ever go to S&D Bookstore in Indiana? They always had a lot of goodies, like I remember hundreds of G33-40 mausers dumped on the floor of a garage, take your pick $36 apiece. Springfield Sporters wire brushed them, blued them and sold them for $40. You had to sort over them to find the ones with an original hollow bolt handle. Back to the thread, I do hear tell that IMR4064 is the powder of choice for J*** bullets in the Whelen so it stands to reason it will work well with cast also.

Pb head