Inline FabricationLoad DataWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders Jerky

Thread: Barrel leading removal

Boolit Master

Barrel leading removal

For all of you using the chore boy around a bronze brush for lead removal, you might want to hunt down the copper pads. It took going to three places to find copper scrubbie pads. Everywhere else (plus the place I found em) had mostly stainless steel. Also BE CAREFUL because I found one place with "copper-coated" which is steel underneath. Price of copper is probably cutting into sales and hence availibility.
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Boolit Master
    May cost more ? than choreboy, but this stuff sure works great, and is designed for the purpose:

http://www.frontiermetalcleaner.com/

Randy
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master

Neat. That stuff looks exactly like one of the scrubby pads I found in my search earlier. I liked it's profile better, because the leading edge of the spiral bands is more like a cutting surface (and this is whait my old chore-boy pads looked like in profile, too), which should let it cut out the deposits better. The pads I found in the store looked identical (shape, size, color, and overall design) to the point it makes me wish I'd have bought one, in order to call the company and see what they're made of...

There's certainly softer and harder steel, and I'm sure these (or any scrubby pad) are not made of hardened steel, but I just don't like running any kind of steel through my barrel. Still, one day, depending on what the Chinese allow us to have access to, me may have no choice but to use something like this. Good to know it's available.
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ghh3rd View Post
    may cost more ? Than choreboy, but this stuff sure works great, and is designed for the purpose:

http://www.frontiermetalcleaner.com/

randy

++++1

There were several off brands, couldn't find the name brands round here. Checked them with a small magnet prior to purchase.
    If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man.

The O ceder brand seem to be pure copper as well if that's all you can find.